1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gentoox linux

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by **Aaron**, Mar 21, 2004.

1. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

hi i have linux installed on my xbox and had it working yesterday and it did not work today for some reson dos some one now whats happening
    it gos to the part were it loads not the part were it starts writing text down the screen befor that
    i reinstalled it through ftp and it stays the same
    all the setting are good im shure cus it work yesterday
    can anybody help?

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Have you tried waiting a little longer? I noticed sometimes it seems to take alot longer to load than other times. Like it hangs or something.

Matt

3. liquid51

liquid51 Regular member

I'm sorry I can't help, but since there's a couple of people here already running linux...
    I'm in the middle of downloading gentoox right now. Does that seem to be the best version to run on the xbox?

4. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

i left it on four hours and reinstalled it several times
    p.s. iv only trid gentoox linux but i looked aroud and it seems the fastest and most compadible

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Did you try to update it? change anything? Or did it just stop working one day? Shut it down improperly? Your not supposed to just shut if off with the power button you know..Just trying to figure out if you might have done something to cause this thats all.

Matt

6. **Aaron**

**Aaron** Regular member

the other day i tryed updating it and not shure if i got it but it worked after that i unpluged it to go in the livin room but every thing was off properly
    and i also reinstalled it over writen the bad files and it did not work
    i check the .ini file and it looks good and i changed it and back playing with it

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Sorry to say my friend but I think you need a fresh install.. I had some trouble with the magic updates myself. There is supposed to be a file you can download to fix corrupted gentoox installs.. Not sure what it is but I have seen it. Just never had to use it. Have you been on the Gentoox web site?

MAtt