1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

genuine windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by john37, Sep 2, 2006.

1. john37

john37 Member

is there a way to get rid of the windows genuine pop ups telling me that i dont have a valid copy of windows.

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Yes, buy a legal copy.
    Also, i suggest you read the forum rules about piracy...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2006
  3. lifelike

lifelike Member

some valid copies still get that message.
    heck, even my work computers have gotten that message from time to time.

to OP, no, i have no idea how to get rid of it. goodluck though.

4. john37

john37 Member

for a senior member he should have been more gentle.

5. shawn_wvr

shawn_wvr Guest

I have a genuine copy from the store where I bought my computer from.It is appearing for me as well. So does this mean that a store sold me an illegal computer.

6. john37

john37 Member

i have 3 computers at home
    i have one legal copy of windows for all 3 computers.
    only the computer i register the windows are ok the other two i get the pop ups .microsoft tells me thet i should by one copy for each computer
    to solve the problems.

7. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Your prob is that those licenses aren't designed to be used multiple times; the first time you activate and install on a computer; you can't use the same key on another one; although I will say there's a way to get rid of that popup; I'm not gonna tell you as it's against the rules and you have to search around for yourself....

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I should have been more gentle ? really?
    I could have been a lot more rude than that, and let's be honest, if you had taken the time to read the user agreement, or if you would have read the documentation that comes with the install disc, you would have known that it only came with a license for one computer.
    Because, like it or not, installing windows on more than one system with a normal 1 system license equals piracy.
    Hell, it even says so in mircosoft's pre-install user agreement *you know, that screen where it makes you press F8 to show you have read and acknowledged the agreement, which means you fully understand the rights you do and don't have concerning the use of their proprietary software*

@shawn_wvr : either that, or your license key was duplicated by someone, and then used to install windows to several systems, which would lead to Mircosoft blacklisting that keycode, rendering it useless. Or it could be one something else alltogether..
    Some more info would be handy.

9. john37

john37 Member

if you dont want to help you dont have to reply to the things that people ask.some people are not as smart as you are.

10. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Hey, i gave you the same answer i give everyone that asks this type of question, because so far, all threads asking this question where made by people that where using either illegal copies of windows, or like you where illegally using windows on several computers.

And i have to say that i love how you complain, even though i'm right about you illegally using windows.
    In the end, you're asking how to pirate windows so you can use one copy on several computers, and since piracy isn't allowed on these forums, again, my answer was and is valid.

If you don't like the fact that you can only use that windows disc on one system, then take it up with Bill Gates, it's his faulty, leaky software, and his stupid license, not mine.

11. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

@The_Fiend

If you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all. He was just asking a question, if it was about piracy or not, leave it alone, let a mod deal with it. You're trying to act too much like a mod.

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

*cough*pot calling the kettle black?*cough*

13. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

I wish I knew what that meant.

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

15. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Oh you're cool. Let's keep this for help for john.

I think you just need to get 3 copies of Windows unfortunantely.

16. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

17. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

That doesn't stop popups if you're using an illegal copy of windows, it stops the WGA from "phoning home".
    That will not solve his problem at all.

18. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@ jazo132
    In regards to the kettle black take a look here if the other link isn't good enough for you it explains what it means in black and white.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/322699

And as for the main issue in this thread. If your copy of windows isnt genuine then it just isnt.Even if you used the same disc for all 3 computers that you own a windows key is only valid for 1 PC.You can buy just a license key (no install cd) for like $75 at newegg.com I believe.

19. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

Okay so now I'm supposed to search all of aD for a definition? I think not.

20. shawn_wvr

shawn_wvr Guest

@ the fiend
    I don't have much more info then what I have. I bought my lap top two years ago from a place called circut city and it has been a great computer up till now. The only problem I have is now it says it is not genuine. I run the spyware and I run Nortons and everything checks out fine. I talked to a lady @ a local starbucks cafe and she has the same problem on her lap top. I believe no one holds the key to this problem or its origon.I also tried to system restore to an earlier time and thay does not help.