1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get a HDMI picture on TV and Monitor

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by taisho, Mar 19, 2010.

1. taisho

taisho Member

Hi
    I like the new decorations in Afterdawn.
    I have an ATI 2400xt with HDMI,DVI and a VGA slot. I have a 50in Sanyo with 3 HDMI slots. So I buy a 30ft HDMI cable an run it from the computer Box to the TV, boot up and my windows screen is on my TV. I get sound and Picture and mouse from the HDMI cable.
    My intent is to watch ViiKii.net(Movies) on my Sanyo.
    My problem is my VGA monitor screen goes black. I need it to bring up what I'm going to watch. Even when I disconnected the HDMI cable and rebooted I could not get the VGA back on. My ATI 2400xt Pro(e) touts how great it is to have up to 6 or 8 screens. Yet, to get the computer monitor on again, I had to take out the ATI card and hook the VGA back up to the M.B. outlet. I have since put the card back in.
    To get both screens working, would I need to use the HDMI to the TV, and use a DVI cable to the Monitor(it has a DVI input) and just not use the VGA.
    I have read everything I can find on it. I would have thought signal would go out to both or the software would have choices. I am at a dead end right now.

2. BigDK

BigDK Regular member