1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get an Xbox 360 now or wait?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Zac2000, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Zac2000

Zac2000 Member

Seeing as there hasn't been a hack for Benq drives, and there's word there might possibly be another new Xbox 360 with a quieter dvd drive coming out, do you think it's wise to get one of the Xbox 360's with Hitachi or Samsung drives in them now? There's word (link below) that possibly next month the newer Xbox's will come with an HDMI port, a quieter dvd drive, and a 65nm chip. I don't really care about the 65nm chip because I was planning on replacing the heatsink and putting a fan inside, but I'd like to know also how important is HDMI?

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

HDMI is not extremely important, its just alot easier to plug one small more compact lead into the back of your tv and 360, and get both video and sound through it, its also better quality in terms of the signal being transmitted from the 360 to the tv. But if you have a hd tv that has component or vga input, then you can get high definition on there just as nicely as you would on HDMI.
    Waiting for the premiums to get this port is completely your choice, if you dont have HDMI input on your tv, then I dont see the point.

As for the cpu, no confirmed date had been issued in regards to when the 65nm chip will be installed in the xbox 360, it was meant to be installed in the elite, but some people have said that microsoft have still not changed the chip to the smaller cooler running version. This really doesnt matter though, if you keep your 360 well ventilated when you get it, it should not have any problems. I've had mine for over a year, and it has not given me a single issue.

If you want to paly backups on your xbox 360, then you should get a xbox 360 that has a samsung or hitachi drive inside it, the latest hitachi dvd drive is yet not flashable without the aid of a small hardware modification that you need to solder onto the drives mainboard. So in the case of getting a flashable version, I think you should look for a xbox 360 that is from the older batch in stores, rather then geting the new boxed edition.