1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

get audio but no picture when play .mpg (1) file

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by yuth67, Oct 8, 2002.

1. yuth67

yuth67 Member

first of all, I'm not good in english language so , if you don't understand my sentense please try to guess and pleass be patient

I load a mpeg movie file by kazaa and when play it with windows media player
    i got error message "perform Illegaloperation"(or something like this) and system crash
    so I reset and after reboot I install divx5 pro ,hope that will help me to be able to play that file
    (I know its not avi then it's no matter to do whith divx but i think it's nothing to loss to try it)
    after install that divx pro5 bundle ,there is menu program that say "configure .. (i can't remember full name but it's icon is registry icon)
    I think i have to run it first then i click it and then i got error message "fail to complete"

i test to play that file and it still can't play as the same so i delete it and uninstall divx5 pro

and my nightmare begin..

i find out that there's something wrong whit my machine

when i play mpg file there are just audio come out but no video (every files that ever playable before)
    with every program that play mpg file win media player , vcd cutter ,tmpenc (edit in mpeg tool) power dvd can play vcd disk but can't play mpg in file mode
    every program just get audio but no video

i think my codec for play mpg may dammage while i play that file and system crash
    or may be my registry corrupt while i run that config program
    i don't knoe what exactly happend and how to fix it
    i try to un install and reinstall window media but it won't help
    i try to reinstall directx but can't do that (got message directx already install)

And i ... don't know what should i do ..

Could anybody help me

thank you

2. yuth67

yuth67 Member

ahhh.. nobody willing to help ,

did i do anything against the rules?

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

No you didn't, I just think there isn't much anyone can suggest since your system sounds very screwed up. Have you considered reinstalling the OS? It will probably save you a lot of time in the end.

Rgds,
    jnihil.

4. yuth67

yuth67 Member

Oh my god. re install windows! it's real nightmare.

but i think i have no other choice.

anyway , thank you for your advice.

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You'll get real fast with the re-install after a few goes. :)

DriveImage has helped me a lot in this department. I used to rebuild every few months.