1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

get AVI files off of dvd-r

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jungvars, Apr 1, 2005.

1. jungvars

jungvars Member

a while ago i had burned a bunch of avi files onto dvd+r discs. recently i have started changing avi files into mpeg-2 so that they play on my dvd player. is there any way to get the avi files from my dvd+r discs back onto my hard drive? id like to change them so i can watch them on my dvd player

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Did you just burn the avi files directly to the DVD-R. If that's the case, justcopy and paste them to you Hard Drive.

3. jungvars

jungvars Member

I used Nero 6 to burn the avi files onto the dvd+R. I believe that Nero automatically put copyright protection on it. any suggestions?

4. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

I don't think Nero does that. What opetions did you use? Did you just burn it as a Data CD or did you burn them as VCD/SVCD.

5. SUKIE

SUKIE Member

i think he may be just pulling our leg in reg to the avi story he tells, i think he realy wants to know how to copy his commercial dvd's .

you can use dvd decrypter to make a backup of your commercial dvs's which use css protection

very easy to use

6. jungvars

jungvars Member

I burnt them as a data dvd on NEro 6. i know how to burn commercial dvds no problem. i just want to get my avi's off of my dvd r

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You know how to burn backup copies of your copyright protected dvd movies...but you don't know how to get data files off of a burnt disc?

heheheh, that's actually amazing to me. :)

...one method would be to open 'My Computer' and 'explore' the contents of your data disc. With this window open, either copy/paste them to your desktop for easy access, or highlight them and drag/drop them onto the desktop.

8. jungvars

jungvars Member

cute there smart guy. dont you think i have tried that? just need to know what kind of decoder would work

9. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

If Windows Explorer doesn't see them it's not an encryption problem it's probably a bad disc.