1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of The Console Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by borhan9, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

I really don't want to see the console forums go, I've been looking at a lot of threads recently and I haven't seen many flame wars ( I was looking at the console threads). Most people get along very well and seeing the console forum go will force members good or bad to quit. That is my view.

2. DrkTwr

DrkTwr Member

I agree, I'm 27, and there is not many forums where you can go nowadays without getting bashed by a 12 year old. I enjoy the tech forums but also like these console forums, especially with the excitement of the PS3 release. Like I've read before somewhere in AD, once the PS3 comes out, most flaming wars will go away.

3. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

We just need to control the console forums well until the PS3 and Wii come out. Then most of the fanboys will be glued to their new toy. Another thing is to get rid of the spammers, theres one on the Xbox 360 site and the thread should be closed, I reported him so things should work out fine, I thought spammers would be finished with AD. But I was wrong.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

barfmaul
    I can agree with that to abd theres not a Mod lite status where some of the ebst members of the forums could help delete posts these posts are not deleted in a normal sicne but placed in a thread where a normal mod can do final deltetion or return post back to where it was if the psot was not "bad" kinda like a recycleing bin of posts MODS can see it and go threw it when they have time.

We have alot of good High level "trusted" mebemrs it wouldnt hurt to put them to some good use ^^ even if they can only "remove" posts int eh frums they visit the most it sgould help level out things.

Altho I am pretty sure youd need a overhaul of the forum code or something *L*

AD is a great forum coud use a bit more policeing but soemtimes good mods are hard to find!

Come to think of it do any other forums use a MOD lite type setup?

5. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

Well the problem was sorted. I agree the mods do a great job, just there are a few idiots that hang around this forum.

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

barfmaul

Well....just wait till the PS3/Wii come out *L*

Mabye the COnsoles forums need be redone to have either more mods or people that can help the mods police things *L*

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

creaky
    Should I go out of my way to report posts?
    GO trolling(looking) for them and such *L*

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@ZIppyDSM - even just reporting stuff you see on your travels around the forums is a help; all the help we can get the better this site can be, and benefits all. Before mod i always reported stuff i saw, now as mod i am able to clean up as i go along but i can only sort what i can see.

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

creaky
    Ok ^^

11. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

Is sick watching spammers and fanboys ruining our site, and seeing seniors and Addicts walking out. We must dstroy the idiots!

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

barfmaul
    *blink blink*
    *hides*
    *blink blnk*

......LOL

sorry.....LOL

13. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

That's okay. I overexaggerated anyway. But still I find spammers and flamers annoying.

14. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

I have been off the site for awhile and just really came back yesterday. I must say that from what I've seen so far there are improvements.
    It's great to be back on though i hope i don't have to stay away like that again ;)
    Welcome back to ME from ME

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

stupid Q but why was only the GC game forum removed? the PS2 and Xbox are still there 0_o

16. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

ZIppyDSM: ?? It (GC forum room) hasn't been removed and wont be, as far as I know.. And I -- sorta -- should know :)

Anyway, forum rooms seem to have calmed down slightly ever since I asked our dear mods to bring in the big guns and simply ban everybody who causes trouble. It seems to be that "shoot first, ask questions later" method is the only one working there.

The forum rooms with "- Games" in their name might be moved over to Blasteroids in near future, but only after we figure out a good way to cross-link between the two forums.

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

dRD
    Ummm the GC GAME forum,the PS2 and Xbox them,or did the GC always only have 1 Forum when the others had 2-4?

No one goes to blastroids so its kinda pointless *L*
    oh well I guess tieing it in is the thing *L*
    you coud always have them like they are now they just GO to blastroids so pll can rant and rave about the games or all the systems and lave backup and genreal console discustions here it could work if more people go over to it *L*

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  18. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ye, GC always had just one. Its about figures -- PS2 and Xbox originally had one each, but as they grew, they had to be split. And split again. And split again. And again :) Same has happened to several DVD forums on our site as well, DVDR used to be one forum room, now there's something like 7 rooms that have the same heritage.

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

why not just have blastroids handle the older stuff and game rants and raves,it would appaer to be a link to a forum here but go over to blastroids ,sicne the sites are linked and use the same longon treat it as one big ass forum no fuss no muss PS2,Xbox,GC,might can put the Xbox,PS2 and GC general disscustions there as well one the other 2 new systems come 0ut ^^

20. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

ZIppyDSM i really think you have good idea there.

It's would be like an extention site for game threads.

The problem is it would probably ruin Blasteroids. It would get choked with the same mess that has plagued the console forum in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.