1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of The Console Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by borhan9, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Allways puts the site first - good old Creaky ;) lol

I think it's right though that they aren't being "got rid of"...merely sectioned off to another site :)

Keep Ad clean, Ban the console forums...I mean "move somewhere else" *cough*

lol

:D

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Who is to determine what is and is not grown up, Mr. poopypants!?!

LOL

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

creaky
    :p

Deadrum33

LOL

4. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

I think they should stay because of the fact if these flame fights and spammers aren't on aD, they'll be ruining Blasteroids.

5. face123

face123 Regular member

I think they should stay too (like I said earlier). The flame wars should die down after the ps3 comes out and it's all about hacking it (like I said earlier). So just give it a chance.

6. barfmaul

barfmaul Regular member

Yeah I can see what people are saying but just wait it's just over two/three months for PS3/Wii to be released, then it should die down once everyone finds out how good the new consoles really are.

7. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

i would like to express my deepest content with the idea of this month trial thing.

i too feel that the console forums are a pain, heck i dont even go there and i feel the burn. i am sympathetic to the moderators whom constantly withstand the bullsh*t that i hear coming out of those forums.

i do personally feel that moving the forums to blasteroids would be beneficial, if this movement were to take place then i feel that it may be a good idea to create new moderators within the blasteroids forum so that the mods here can stay here and the mods there can stay there so it is balanced, if people can percieve my point of view.

well anyway i still think that the mods are doing a great job at the moment and am not beefing with the job any of oyu are doing.

i know i dont post here often anymore, only help out with issues no one else can help with, but i would hate to see the forum be dragged down with the console rooms cause of members that can not withstand but to profanity and abuse each other.

i personally hope for the forums sake that the one month plan works out cause again i would hate to think what happens if it fails...

catchyall lata.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

hello phantom!!

9. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

hello ddp, i hope you have been well, i hope that all of the old timers have been well.

il be sure to be around some time or another before the year is out.

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi Phantom :)

11. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

hiya neph :D

12. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Hey Phants, good to see ya back, buddy.

Will catch you on msn & have a decent chat :)

13. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

im online now buddy, and hey hope you all have been well

14. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

I agree with that phantom69.I just saw a ddp ban last night in the console forums and it brought that to my attention.I have seen a huge increase in sympathizing for the person who just got banned.Crap like this "why was he banned","he didn't do anything","wow these mods are strict"...etc.

That needs to stop!People should back the mods up more because it's their only incentive to keep doing the good work they do.No whinning and talking about how unfair everything is here.Quit feeling sorry for some young gung ho punk that deserved what was coming!

I went in the forum and everyone is just sitting there taking it and laying down for this idiot.Report him! I don't get why I have to do all the heavy lifting in the next gen forums...

I went to blasteroids just now and it's not to shabby.Download section is nice and it's so seemless for instance say your looking at the demo download you can seemlessly click over and get the review from the same page.No fights over there either!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  15. face123

face123 Regular member

Well that makes sense because as you already know the rules have been made harder for the time being in hope that the flame war's etc stop. But they (as in the people who say "what did he do wrong?") probably didint see the link that say's:

So they are not used to that because they didint see that. So therefore I reccomend if people complain abut the banning or ask why the person got banned (and if the do know why just dont agree with the desicion) they should get a a suspension. Those are just my thought's and what I think.

16. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

This is true which is why I provide the links to drd's post and neph's post.You were there so you saw I gave the links even before he was banned!

Not to mention they are stickied in most cases!

*edit* That guy would have been banned anyways even before drd's new month crackdown.

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

indeed.

18. face123

face123 Regular member

Yeah he might have been but afew other 6 or 7 people would have just got a temp ban. But most of them were newbie's just looking for trouble.

19. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Who? You mean seniors and addicts.Those members know not to post garbage and never do in the first place NONE of those people your thinking of would do that adn that's why they would be let off.Good members should get a little head room,they deserve it.In order to get respect you must give it.

Name a member who would have done that or would be pardoned that doesn't apply to the above?

Yep like the guy last night! I stuck up for a newbie because another newbie was being an ass to him and the rest of the forum.I stuck up for a newbie NOT an addict....I warned him and gave links to the rules...He decided his own fate here.

20. face123

face123 Regular member

I said this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.