1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Rid of The Console Forum Rooms

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by borhan9, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

ok well as the thrad title sujests : GET RID OF THE CONSOLE FORUMS lol

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Lets face it.. I was site admin at llamma.com, and the toerags in the console forums here insulted me and namecalled me to the point of my walking out and never looking back... They obviously need my knowledge so much that they can't see beyond their own ego's enough to realise when a professional cares enough to waste time trying to help the ignorant little toads..... the last straw was a really good argument with a total tosser who insisted the impossible...proven to be impossible, tested and confirmed as impossible..but the prat knew better. I can't be bothered with any of them now.. I don't need to make 500 posts answering the same 4 questions every day.. Duplicate threads should be deleted without mercy.. If you want a moderator to take an axe into the console rooms then ask.. I'm ruthless and as an ex admin in the console world I can prune like the best of them...

3. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

wow the only fight iv ever come across in the console forum was these two ADULTS at work who couldnt unsuscribe from the halo 3 thread. The weird thing is they swar ect and never got banned :mad:.
    Well i just think the console forum is for imiture teens then (even though i am one just not as imiture :p ) and you will never have a problem if you never visit any threads lol.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol, I have only had one bit of trouble in a console forum, merely cos I misunderstood/misinterpretted what had been asked/said and someone took offence. I appologised but, not leaving it at that, he continued to bitch on about it (even came into #ad_budies to compain about me), and resulting in him leaving of his own accord; not cos he was doing anything wrong (it was more a heated discussion between him and myself), but according to him..

From then on, I stay out of the console forums. Unless of course I see someone complaing about their games not working cos they burnt them to Memorex disks or something! X)

Edit ~~~ Typos ~~~

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

oh, it takes a good bit of bait to draw me into those horrid boards, but once i'm there, i go a bit nuts with retorting and reporting. and then i get all pissy afterwards, like yesterday. damn the little brats.

6. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

ok so from what i gather you have to be extreamly brave to moderate the console forum. hours ofmoderating to do lol.

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yeah, I might have just done that (and then made it public in the thread) LOL.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

kevlar suits are recommended but better are snug-fitting strait-jackets. Experience of proper and correct school punishment (ie from 30yrs ago, not modern day school punishment) is a must, good parenting skills is an extra bonus, both qualities can only improve the quality of our console rooms

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

see, if it were me, rather than go in all geared-up, i'd stand from a distance and snipe the buggers...or hit them with mortar rounds....or go in with a flamethrower. they need to feel pain for their stupidity! darth would agree >.>

keep up the good work, creaky. i've seen you in action. you're like AD's own green beret, quietly sneaking in and taking them all out, then leaving. i equate closing the threads to burning down the villages of those you've forced out of this mortal world. :)

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The only real way to improve the quality is to be merciless and have a big cull and clearout.. n00bs should NOT be allowed to make new threads, and the forums need rationalising into guides..closed with a thread for comments/additions, and 2 or 3 threads for questions about various aspects of the guide kept specifically on topic. The pruning of irrelevant/duplicate questions should be hardcore..ANY and ALL duplicated threads deleted, and persistent idiocy banned... Once a question is answered to satisfaction the thread should be closed. That would cut out all the crap..and stop know-nowts getting to addict in a week. Ask stang.. he knows how answering the same question with a copy/paste stock answer 50 times a day can boost post count. we need some of this.. http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

As for some of the bahaviour in the console forums a little read of this may be in order....

This is a stupid situation..a waste of server space, and a total headache for anybody trying to find a specific answer to a common problem.

Either have a look at that system or just scrap the lot.. We really don't need most of the forums anyway, they just support piracy and illegal reverse engineering.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nice, jan. personally, i'd just be happy with an auto-ban on anyone who dares to use text speak on these forums. the world would instantly become a much more wonderful place.

12. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Good rules addition.. Auto ban for anything but plain English (or whatever is allowed in the non-English forums) 1337 speak, unless it is obviously as a joke or to make a point..and a complete blanket ban on txt spk, unless for the same usage. This should extend to user names too.. No more 1337haX0r etc.. they obviously are NOT hackers, as real hackers don't tend to advertise themselves that openly. I'm pretty open, but that's because the extent of my hacking these days is usually to make something better, not to cause harm..

While I'm at it..can we also have an end to all these "what's the best", and "this thing vs that thing" threads.. They are completely pointless 90% of the time.

A little aside.. The few misguided fools who tried hacking me back in the autumn are now licking wounds.. If they want another go at somebody who was just giving an honest warning about rip-off merchants then they can try. This cat has claws!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you're the kind of person i would pull my machine off the internet to avoid, if necessary, jan :p

14. creaky

had a little sleep, am now refreshed, off into the console rooms before dinner, watch out semi-intelligent lifeforms :p

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

/me disconnects from internet, turns off PC, then runs to a small dark closet! Right should be safe now ;-)

Haha, I'm not rly Semi-Intelligent, Don't worry :S

:p

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@ creaky.. "semi-intelligent".. feeling generous today?

17. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

Good ideal, go in there hungry, ready to rip and tear.

18. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Ive said this before and ill say it again. Newbies and even other members try to pull me in to confrontational conversations on aD and i just ignore it. And I just don't go in the console rooms period. Keeps me clear. Plus i haven't gone to that backing up yet so no need to be in those rooms.

I say if they start to have a flame war and they need your help just ignore the flame and don't answer the question. If the question comes from a sensible newbie and their is a flame war going on, just pm the sensible member.

19. creaky

i was in a refreshed and generous mood earlier, so i just closed 3 pages of PS3 threads. ahh that's better, and that's only the beginning (imagine evil laugh here)

20. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

lol thats thespirit creaky :p

i think as someone said earlier we should ignor the unsensible n00bs and listen to the sensible ones. and we cant forget the fact that most newbie's are people who have being banned in the past so i think when you join afterdawn you should get an interview form to fill out and if it sounds clean ect after being processed by afterdawn staff or moderators then let them join (then ban them) :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.