1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gettin GCOS 1.4 onto my Max Drive Pro

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Olyscott8, Apr 27, 2005.

1. jaybhula

jaybhula Guest

um... im new to all this, i have 2 questions
    first is, do i needa modchip to play the copied/burned gamecube games even though i have the max drive pro?
    and secondly, i cant find where to download the GCOS 1.4 bios, can someone gimme a link or something.

2. 654321

654321 Guest

I don't have A I don't have A modded gamecube or anything but I am 95% sure that You do NOT need A modchip in order to play copied games on Your Gamecube. as for Gcos try http://www.alucard.cc/

3. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

You don't need a modchip to boot backups since softmods (software modification) work just fine if that's the route you decide on.

GCOS can be downloaded from modthatcube and tehskeen.

4. Sweetchin

Sweetchin Member

Hey, can you use GCOM v2.3 on the MAX Drive PRo? i want to buy MDP but i want to cover any gaps i think it has before i do lol. im not sure how to get the DOL file, from GCOM 2.3 and i also downloaded GCOS 1.5 but it doesnt have a DOL file for the MDP??

please help!!! thanks

5. jaguarsav

jaguarsav Member

Does anyone know if the new GCOS 1.5 fixes the audio problems 1.4 had?
    Also, does GCOS still have really slow loading times?
    And are there any other problems that would be useful to know about?
    Thanks!

6. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I am tring to write the GCOS files to my max drive pro and I get this error message (MD_FATAL_WRITE_WRITE_SECTION). How do I get file onto the Max Drive memory card?

7. fozzebear

fozzebear Guest

i remember reading that you're not suppose to have the gc and usb port in use at same time or something like that.. can someone clarify...

when and when do we not have the gc ...

Can someone tell me the specific files that need to be carried over onto the mem card. On the GCos 1.5 zip file I have, the files listed are:

*Folder* GCoS 1.5 AR Builder ~Do I even need this stuff in the folder?
    -- Readme.txt
    -- GCoS 1.5 (tmbincmod Flash)bios
    -- GCoS 1.5 (PSO).dol
    -- GCoS 1.5 (Qoob Pro Internal Flash).dol
    -- GCoS 1.5 (Viper DVD).dol
    -- GCoS 1.5 (Qoob Main Flash).GCB
    -- GCoS 1.5 (ViperGC Flash).VGC

I don't have any of those mod chips installed but I do have *or will have* a Max Drive Pro.

Thanks guys =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2006
  8. dec00

dec00 Member

I am wondering if any of you can help me, I have the max drive pro, i

have gotten GCOS 1.4 to work, I burned backups on 8cm Sony DVD-R's,

1.4gb disks, when I load the game thru the bios on my GC, it always

recognizes the region as JPN and wont load after that, once out of 20

tries it recognized it as USA but when the game loaded it messed up, I

am wondering what media you burned your games on or maybe my backups are

corrupt, any ideas would be appreciated, thank you

9. crzyfl

crzyfl Member

Ritek A Grade/G05 or even Ridata (not as good). I tried Sony media and had exactly the same issues. With Riteks EVERYTHING works. Remember every laser on gamecubes are different. Some people can use crap media like tdk and get away with it. For me Ritek is cheaper anyway.

10. dec00

dec00 Member

Thank you, is the G04 one ok? that was the only one i could find really

11. crzyfl

crzyfl Member

Only one way to find out. For burning remember to just rename to .iso, open in Nero (better to use Nero) and make sure to tick the 'Finalise' check box. If you STILL get DREs you may need to adjust the potential of your laser to a lower setting. Dont ask me how it works but it does make a definite differance. Better to test the disks first though.

12. crzyfl

crzyfl Member

fozzebear, you only need the PSO .dol for the max drive pro.

13. protoman1

protoman1 Guest

ok i'v gont me self in big problem. I got a gamecune and the max drive pro and everythins should be working but I get the unrekenized media error and yaya I i know fit ur pot but It didn't help. when I got the dam thing open and found my pot was alredy 173, so it sould have work but it dident. I tryed 200, 190 180 and aothing changed. SO i tryed going up to 300 400 500 and thin nothing worked at all not even origenal games. naw I don't know if a new cube is 650 (pot) then how thw hell does it work or is it gest my cube thats mesed. Any way i know that the disk I use is good cuz I thred it on my frnds cube and every thing was good. I didn't even chang the pot on his and it worked. so some one plz help my I'v spent over 200$ on trying to get this to work and not iven changing my pot helped~!!! so what do I have left to do by a new cube?