1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting bad dvd burns lately

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by sarahlog, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sarahlog

sarahlog Member

I used to never have trouble with burning dvds but lately there's been a bit of trouble. With the movies I burn, even though only for a couple seconds, they seem to pause/freeze and at times even skip a few seconds, and then eventually continue on with the movie. I've also noticed this happends towards the end of the movies.

I usually use shrink and then nero 6. As I started to notice this problem, I tried dvd decrypter and nero recode 2 but again, I'm seeing the same problems.

Would someone be able to comment on what the problem is? Since it only freezes for a couple seconds, it's not that big a deal but I would much prefer my movies to come out perfectly.
    Would reinstalling windows help?

Thanks in advance.

2. agentgman

agentgman Regular member

Yeah, I have had that problem MANY times before I figured out the problem. The solution for my problem was getting a better DVD-R that is made by a different company, the ones that I am using now is the Mitsubishi Chemical (MKM/Verbatim) disk. It sounds big, but most retailers carry it. If not, try buying it online, but do NOT use Maxell OR Sony. No offense, but they make other stuff besides DVDs. Try that.

3. lipper

lipper Guest

I have had same problem, just placed a post waiting for help.
    I can duplicate dvd's but will not play on computer making dup or other computer also will not play in toshiba player of the disc's that do play very skipping and frame freeze.
    But when played in Sony DVP NS425p player no problem.
    If i load disc in tray and check properties see's no media and apears to be empty.
    I have 2 computer problem same with both except 1 is winxp pro other win xp media center.

4. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

5. lipper

lipper Guest

Misuderstood. I have no problem with dvd+r. It's with the player not recognizing a dvd in drive I dup with Win MCE but will not recognise when in player for DVD data ok. Same dvd with Toshiba but will player with no problems thru my Sony player. I have never had a problem with copying dvd or data with OFFICE MAX brand 8xdvd+r i guess you would say GENERIC brand

6. hermes_vb

hermes_vb Regular member

Well, I've had some close encounters of the third kind with Sony DVD Players. They are really picky. Have you tried to BookType to DVD-ROM?

7. Sleth

Sleth Member

I had the same problem with burning just about any DVD on this new computer I bought back in FEB. I did some looking around and found a new flash update for it. After I installed the new flash update I have not had 1 problem with the drive. It also solved alot of the reading problem with some of the DVD movies.

8. lipper

lipper Guest

Sleth?
    I have dell 8200 364ram/nvidia tuner/ATI video/ ? flash update where did you find it for mfg comp or dvd/rom mfg.