1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Epson Printers/Scanners to work after an update to SP2

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by johnkirk, Apr 3, 2005.

1. johnkirk

johnkirk Member

I've started to get strange blue lines on everything I print! I also tried using 6" x 4" photo papy for the 1st time recently and the orentation/positioning/colouring was all rubbish!!
    At the same time I noticed that 'Smart Panel' (The front end for my scanner had ceased to work!!!.)
    I tried uninstalling/re-installing both the scanner and printer... now it's even worse!!!!
    I've since realized what's happened: All this greif started after an on-line update to SP2 (Windows XP).
    I've been onto the Epson site and it's no help at all. Anyone out there able to help??
    The Printer is: EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 900
    The Scanner is: EPSON PERFECTION 1260.

Cheers.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the epson site for updated drivers due to sp2 issuses as been problems with epson & others concerning sp2

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Do these lines you mention look like out of alignment printheads? I am sure you ran the alignment. Some times there is a part in the printer that gets a little messed up. So no matter how many times you align it will not work.

Look at the print cartridge carrage. You should see a shinny metal pole, Black drive belt, and a clear plastic strip. The clear plastic stip is where the problem may be. That strip has tiny bits of data on it telling the carrage where it is. Sometimes dust or fingerprints will get on this stip. So here is what you do. Get a Q-Tip and put some water on it. Wipe down the entire stip (front and back) and move the carrage by hand if needed. DO NOT use Alcohol as this will dry up the strip and it will eventually break.

Whew, a bunch of typing there. Well give that a try and see what happens. Also try printing a test page from the printers memory(if it has one) Normaly you hold the resume button for about 5 seconds and a page will print. If your lines still happen then you know it is not Windows since it did not send that page to the printer.

-Del