1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting error 05 (HD locked) when i turn power on.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by sksx2004, Jun 16, 2004.

1. sksx2004

sksx2004 Member

My xbox was fine yesterday, but when I picked it up and moved it, I turned it on and got the 05 error. I looked it up and it said HD is locked. I thought some wires might have came loose, but I was inside and tightened everything up, and it didn't help. Other forums are saying you have to unlock HD in the evox system menu, but when I turn the box on, I get as far as the XBOX logo. Is it possible my HD is fried?

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Sounds like your chip is out of alignment to me
    try re aligning it
    failing that burn configmagic to a disc, put the disc into your xbox, and try to unlock the drive
    If you have an autoinstaller disc, that will do it too, I believe all the autoinstallers have lock/unlock function
    You could also try checking your xbox fan, xbox do funny things when running too hot, and not booting up is one of them (although I never came across the locked message)
    sure its "locked" and not "unlocked"?
    as that would certainly lean toward an out of alignment chip.
    Have you flashed the modchip bios recently?
    I had a similar problem with a hotswap, (wont load without chip on anymore) but Im not bothered, as I have the chip on always anyhow.
    _Also dont forget the obvious, check the cables and connectors, ide, power, and fan etc.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PC SPEC: XP 3000+ (overclocked) asus 2x fsb 400, 768mb ddr 2700, ati pro 128mb, pioneer a106 w/ hacked firmware
    XBOX SPEC: ver.1.2 with Xecuter 2.3-4983 bios,80gb hdd,Samsung sdg605,evox,xbmc,xbmp,dvdxr,xprogear,
    mame0x w/ 1,500 roms, kawax w/ 100 roms[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004