1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting error message with virtural dub

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by paulsy, Jan 29, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

i'm not sure if i am double posting here if i am i apologise but i reckon this is a different subject.I have a downloaded movie in 3 segments when i try to open the file in virtual dub i get the following error message..could'nt locate decompressor for format 'mp43' (micro soft high speed mpeg-4 v3 virtual dub requires a video for windows (vfw) compatible codec to decompress video'direct show codecs,such as those used by windows media player are not suitable.Have i caused the problem by putting the files through vso divx to dvd first?.

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

hi paulsy,

What's the extension on those files? mp43 was used by the Windows .asf format, and Virtualdub had to take out support for it because Microsoft complained. You may have to look around for a copy of VirtualDub 1.3c, the last version to contain support that codec.

3. paulsy

paulsy Member

aha i see what your saying bazilla not sure of the extension how would i find out?I ended up (dare i say it) using nero and it done the job quality on a scale of 1to10 was about 7ish think the sound was a bit muffled,i'll have a look around for virtual dub 1.3c and let you know. all the best P.