1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting nero to work

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dyg112, Mar 22, 2005.

1. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

ok reinstalling

2. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

restarted reinstalled and same thing happened

3. calhounm

calhounm Guest

ok when you first pu in the dvd do you have a windows that pops up and asks wht do you want to do with this dvd if so are you clicking nothing and checking do this everytime i insert a disk

4. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

yep it asks me what i want to use to play it

5. calhounm

calhounm Guest

make sure and click do nothing as this will cause another program to start reding the dvd

6. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

i just click do nothing then open up nero

7. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

so iff i click do nothing another program will start reading the disk?

8. calhounm

calhounm Guest

no if you click do nothing you dvd rom should stop spinning and sit idle until you start nero

9. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

it still wont work

10. calhounm

calhounm Guest

did you try running the scan feature that nero has and see if it says it has a problem because you have followed all the correct steps an if media player wiil play it so should nero do you have any other players like divx if so does it play there if it does it has to be a nero problem and if so did the software come w/ the dvd-rom you just purchased

11. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

yep came with with sony dvd duel layer buner

12. calhounm

calhounm Guest

here is another idea abandon your nero disc fo now uninstall then go online and download nero's free trial downloads restart then try to play it

13. calhounm

calhounm Guest

also while you are online download divx it should play there also plus i like it better than nero's player
    does it burn fine or have you tried that yet

14. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

hey i got something new it starts to play now. but it says showtime has encountered a problem and needs to close

15. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

i havnt tried burning things yet

16. calhounm

calhounm Guest

have you used a dvd burner yet if not check the guides in this wesite i use dvd shrink w/nero also try that download of divx then try to burn but it sounds like you could bebifit by returning the product for a new one then you will have good burner and good nero which is a good program so do some downloading and burn if you want to but if nero won't play it i just think you might make a coaster

17. dyg112

dyg112 Guest

ok im goin to download divx. ive got nero to work but as soon as it starts to play it says that their was an error and it had to close

18. franke

franke Member

ok here my problem, i have just downloaded and installed the latest version of nero 6.6.0.8 ultra edition, i also installed the latest version of Nero-Vision Express 3.1.0.0 and selected showtime as the defualt for audio and video files. however, when i go and play any video file i can only hear the movie playing but no picture and i get this message "due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-4 decoding is not available. This feature can be added by installing the Nero 6 ultra edtion retail package or the Web version".

Knowing that i have registered my product with a working serial# so i dont have to install nero ultra edtion again but i obviously need the MPEG-4 decoder!! so i went ahaed and searched and what i found is three encoders or plugins: MPEG2 DVD plugin, MPEG2 SVCD plugin and MPEG-4 AAC plugin. So i went ahead and installed the plugins and tried to play the movie but unfortunately the same message pops up!

i have installed and unstalled nero for 7 times now and every time i get the same message, and i even used older versions and the same message pops up every time. the worst of this whole dilema is that i can't burn dvds, vsds or svcds. i've been searching for the nero MPEG-4 video plugin for 4 hours now through google, lime wire and even some torrent sites. but they all don't have the MPEG-4 dvd plugin.

I am really tired of this whole thing because i feel now that i'm totaly lost becuse i don't know whats going on anymore. so i hope that some one has the solution or can help in some way. Thanks in advance for your time and efforts!

19. calhounm

calhounm Guest

ok let me know if it plays it you should consider returning the product for the same they shouldn't give you any problems if no then you can always use nero for free in the trials

20. calhounm

calhounm Guest

where did you buy it store, online, oem, bootleg, or borrow. I have to ask that way I can help because the software is diff from oem to retail