1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting old video tape onto a laptop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by renard, Oct 16, 2004.

1. renard

renard Member

Hi there,

I am trying to get ten year old video tapes onto my Dell Inspiron Laptop.

I just want to know exactly what I would need to do this? Obviously I need a cable that runs from my VCR (scart) to the back of my laptop (USB). But what about the correct software? And will I need some kind of video card? Im told laptops should'nt be opened up unless its back in the factory.

I dont need any editing software or dvd burner software. I have just bought PowerDirector for that.

If anyone has any answers, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well first, welcome to Ad, Fox. Secondly I've been looking at this problem for the last few days, (I'm fairly new to all this stuff.) And I've got some great VHS videos' that I'd like to copy/preserve! This is as much as I've learnt so far?

A tv-out card, seems too be, more than usefull, along with a powerfull PC, allied in

my case, with a tad, more time to learn.

{EDIT} I just had a quick scan around the PowerDirector site... (Seems only on quick scan) T' have more involvment with DVD than VHS??

regards mike/gringle

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]give instuction to a wise man. Then he will become wiser, give instruction to a fool. Then he will become wiser. It's all about time.. [thet slanty-eyed bloke I used to read][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004