1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting past copywright info

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kokuei, Jul 24, 2002.

1. kokuei

kokuei Guest

I picked up a Philips DVD recorder and I cannot find a way to get past the copyright protection system from disks when I record from a DVD. The system itself I think is incredible but there has to be a way past that. I'm a total newbie who loves gadgets, but knows nothing about the stuff. Help anyone?

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

Need more info, kokuei. You are going from a DVD player to a standalone DVD recorder via analog video/audio cables? If so, you need to get past the macrovision copy protection via a magic box connected in between.

3. kokuei

kokuei Guest

Sorry about that... I have a philips dvdr985(home system standalone recorder) and I was using my sony dvd player as the source. The connection being used is the analog cable(red, white, yellow), although I do have other options for connecting them, I have some clue that this works. I was informed that the macrovision copy protection can be removed between dvd to vhs copy. I was also informed by a thread on this forum that the macrovision remover wont work on this philips because it uses another type of code. Is this true? And if so, how can I truly get past the copyprotect? Help anyone?

4. kokuei

kokuei Guest

...actually I just lied. I was informed by a thread on a different forum that the Philips dvdr985 uses a different copyprotection system than the macrovision. I love the recorder- but I'd love it more if I can get it to do what I would like it to.

5. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

6. moab

moab Member

I also have a DVDR985. Has anybody actually tried the DVE733 "Gold Box" from DV Nation? Does anybody have experience with this company? Let me know if you have any success. I have a pile of my kids' videos I want to consolidate to DVD. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2002