1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GETTING RID OF DIRECTORS COMMENTARY

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by seamroga, Sep 30, 2005.

1. seamroga

seamroga Member

I saw this thread somewhere and cant find it again so sorry for posting on what you have already helped someone else on.
    I have made a backup of my DVD - fine everything perfect, got rid of the extras etc.
    The next DVD which went the same way and unchecked all that I could uncheck - when I play this back I have got Directors Commentary and I cant understand how to get rid.

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

When you re-author just uncheck the 2 channel audio and only keep the 5.1, unless 2 channel is your only option. The 2channel audio is the DC's. Try hitting the audio button on your player remote, if it has one, and see if that will get rid of it.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  3. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@seamroga, going along with my friend arniebear, remember that there are typically dual sets of 2 channel audio (One for director's comments, but the other for 2 channel audio) If you want to play the dvd in a combo player or like on the road in a laptop or portable device...2 channel is needed for hearing the movie...I back up dvds and keep a DTS track, and I forget that if my daughter plays it on a simple tv and dvd player that she will not hear anything without the 2 channel audio. Just something to remember. Yes, I'm one that picks DTS over DD...not that DD is bad, actually it seems that DD is getting better and more on par with the fullness of DTS.
    MovieDud

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have not experienced any difficulty with not keeping the 2 channel, the 5.1 just demuxes down. I make backups for my grandaughter to play on her portable and only keep the 5.1. You only need the 2 channel if that is the only option as far as I know. I do not have home theater so all my TV's are stereo and there is no problem.

5. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

@arniebear, I agree and you are most definitely correct...I was meaning when dealing with DTS. It is a strange bird and just yesterday I backed up my daughters copy of Robots and all I kept was DTS track and in the combo tv/dvd it wouldn't have any sound...but on those with DD there is no problem...sorry that I did not make myself clear. How are you doing my friend? Have a good weekend!
    MovieDud

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

With DTS unless you have a system that will decode it you will get no sound, since I do not I usually lose it cause it takes up a lot of space. Yeah, I just did Robots for the grandaughter, she goes through originals like crazy, since she is only four I never get mad, just laugh, the joys of being a grandparent and not a parent. And how are you my friend, I hope you are enjoying the weekend too, for me I am having to make the decision on what new furnace to buy, mine just went bust glad I learned about it before it gets too cold, Ohio can get rough in the winter. Have a good one, my friend

7. MovieDud

MovieDud Guest

Thanks arniebear, yes Ohio can be tough on the ol' furnace...My family and I lived in Manchester for a few years. South of Akron. We actually liked the fall...enjoying the cool days and evenings. Good luck on finding the new furnace. Oklahoma is just getting pounced on with some serious thunderstorms. Have a good day.
    MovieDud

8. seamroga

seamroga Member

Thanks Arniebear & MovieDud - I will try again... Its very strange but the movie I backed up was actually ROBOTS!! and everything went perfect... It was "Hitch" I had the problem with.

PS Its cold in Ireland too....

9. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Good luck on your backup, Hitch has been a difficult move for a lot of people, but just uncheck the 2 channel and any reference you see to DC's and it should turn out fine. Happy burning :)

10. wvmcl

wvmcl Member

On the one you already burned, try just going to the soundtrack function of you dvd player and selecting a different soundtrack. The regular soundtrack is probably there too

11. seamroga

seamroga Member

thanks - everyone for your input but still cant get it to go. When I press Audio on the remote - it only shows "English" and anything else I get the Red Circle in the top right corner..
    Think I will just keep to my original copy and put this one down to experience

12. seamroga

seamroga Member

Waheyyyyyy.... I got it sussed! I deleted all audion except the AC/3.6 or whatever it was!!! I left the 6 in and deleted all Audio with 2 in it... it works. Thanks

13. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

arniebear ,Trane is good furance to get try to go with a 90% if you can swing it cost a little more BUT will keep your heating bill down

14. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@seamroga

Glad it worked out for you, happy burning.

@aabbccdd

Thannks, I got a Rheem and I did go with the 90%, hope this works I had an 80 year old steel coal converted gravity furnace, so I guess anything will be more efficient, but that old furnace sure did keep us warm. It was a b to get out.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

LOl i had one of thoughs to it was about 45 years old but your right man did it put out the heat