1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting rid of OS choice window at startup

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Gangstapr, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Gangstapr

Gangstapr Member

i know only a few things about computers so take it easy on me guys here it go's....i have to hardrives i had install windows xp on both hardrive and because of this when i started the computer it would take me to the OS choice windows selection to see which os i wanted to choose from, i saw that having 2 same OS's on different hardrives would be a stupid thing for me cuz i only wanna use one, so i decided to delete windows xp from one hardrive (slave) and stick with the other and everthing went smooth but when i start the computer it still takes me to the OS choice windows! its no big problem but is really anoying for me and i want to get rid of the Os choice window since ive already deleted the other windows xp on the other hardrive. any help on how can i get rid of this? help is apreciated thanx!

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

Go into the bios and set it up to boot from the hdd you want.

good luck.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you Fully Format the "Slave" drive then the OS selection screen will go away....

4. Gangstapr

Gangstapr Member

thanx guys, i fixed the problem. I deleted the partion and now its workin fine thanx again!