1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Rid of SpyFalcon

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Phantom, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Phantom

Phantom Member

Recently, a new addware problem has come on the market. I think it's a spin off of a few others. It's called spy Falcon. This is a nasty little booger.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the fix and for this.

If you go to the following website and walk through the manual instructions for getting rid of it in safe mode, you will be set. Take you less than ten minutes to do this.

Also, please be aware you need to right click and save fixspyfalcon as target. If you left click, you won't get anything.

Other than that, good luck.. This is the only thing I have found out there that works especially since of the the spyware prevention softwares haven't updated this yet.

http://www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/spyfalcon-removal

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

Nice..

3. Sniff3r

Sniff3r Member

Thank you! This seems to have done it. I would like to add a few things to you steps if I may.

I am running XP Pro and F8 would not get me into safemode it would only give me boot device options for some reason. I had to run msconfig from as explained here: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

As well, you must be logged in as Administrator to delete the DLL and also for the bat file to remove some of the files it needs to.

When you’re all done, remember to uncheck SAFEBOOT (in msconfig so your system will reboot in "Normal" mode.

Thank you again Phantom!

4. Skalek

Skalek Member

I would not use the guide at www.spyware-removal-guideline.com. It misses an important step that for most users will not allow them to remoe spyfalcon. BC's guide is the way to go and is the one the above is based on:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43659.html

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  5. ugnius

ugnius Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  6. Skalek

Skalek Member

All your site does it copy other peoples content and then you allude that the user must buy software in order to clean it. I see now you are pushing spyware doctor...last week it was spysweeper. Both of these products in which you are an affiliate and make a commission from each sale.

Everyone knows what you are doing and why...pretty scummy in my opinion when there is a free alternative that completely and safely removes the infection.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  7. rav009

rav009 Active member

EDITED :p

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  8. Skalek

Skalek Member

You obviously do not understand... and thats ok. These people have been known to try to get people to their site only to try to make affiliate sales. If you only knew how many boards they are banned from.

9. rav009

rav009 Active member

EDIT

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  10. Skalek

Skalek Member

Those instructions arent mine. I am not affiliated with BeepingComputer at all....so its not an issue of whos are better or worse. But why anyone would want to remove this stuff manually, when there is a free automated program is beyond me. Thats besides the point...

Trust me I know exactly what I am talking about... and I do understand why you may be confused about this persons legitimacy if you are not heavily active in the malware removal community.

Maybe you should read these to really understand:

This is a good one (Actually they are all quite informative):

http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php&showtopic=268

http://www.webhelper4u.com/nontransponders/jurgitasites/jurgita_2-files_com.html
    http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=110522&st=15
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12888758~days=9999~start=20

Read the comments here:

http://netrn.net/spywareblog/archives/2005/03/26/who-is-making-threats-and-who-is-being-threatened/

11. rav009

rav009 Active member

can you hear the thunder ??

Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

everybody settle down!!

Skalek, there are pro's & con's for all methods & everybody has to find which method works for them whether free, pay or manually. the same goes for anti-virus as some prefer norton, some mcaffee & others for avg & whatever.

13. rav009

rav009 Active member

14. ddp

Skalek, i read your links about ugnius & agree with you on that 1 but my previous statements still stands. we give the info so that a person decides which way to go, we don't decide for that person or we would be as guilty as ugnius which i have banned.

15. Skalek

Skalek Member

I fully understand and agree with you. I do, though, think the the other members deserve to hear about who they are going to for advice and what the potential risks are of doing so.

There is just way too much crapware out there, and too many people peddling bad advice in order to advance their own profits, that it can really piss me off.

Sorry if it came out any other way than my goal of trying to protect the users of this site.

16. rav009

rav009 Active member

Edit..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  17. Skalek

Skalek Member

No idea what your talking about or laughing about. I do not think I was told off...and from the fact that he was banned, shows that ddp agreed that ugnius's character was doubtful.

Once again not really sure what your talking about. I was obviously talking about ugnius.

I think our problem has been that we just dont understand each other :)

No matter...late!

18. rav009

rav009 Active member

you know what, i think you the first time today your tallking sense, good man Skalek :D

19. ddp

everything is all settled than & we are a big happy family minus that 1 that got banned!

20. rav009

rav009 Active member

LOL yep, see i knew ddp would sort it :p