1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting round the COPYRIGHT!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by baydon01, Jan 7, 2005.

1. baydon01

baydon01 Guest

I have Nero StartSmart, and everytime i wanna copy a DVD it says i cant as the copyright on the DVD will not allow me to copy it. I am really getting sick and tired of this, please please please could someone tell me how i can round this copyright protection to be able to copy DVD's! please please please can sum1 help me i think im going insane?!??!

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

3. Kyliefan1

Kyliefan1 Regular member

Try DVD X Ghost!

4. hursty

hursty Active member

nero is rubbish for cracking protection dvd.

5. Kyliefan1

Kyliefan1 Regular member

Nero isn't built to crack protection!

6. hursty

hursty Active member

yeah i know!!!!rubbish.....lol

7. linbegone

linbegone Member

you need to rip it first. remove the protection so that nero will burn it. nero isnt bad once you have ripped the dvd...does a decent job at recoding to fit a single layer. i used it for a long time till i found dvdfab...nice that it rips and recodes with about two clicks of the mouse.

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Nero is one of the most popular recording suites on the market and a forum favorite as well. I don't believe that many people, including a lot of savvy PC users, could be so easily scammed. A lot of recording programs are not made to rip. In fact, few of that variety (with rippers) still exist. That is why we have programs like DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD. Those are 2 of my favorites and I dare say 2 of the best available. Decrypter is free and AnyDVD offers a 21 day trial before purchase. DVD Shrink is available for free, it rips and encodes, but has to have a burner. The free DVD Decrypter doubles as a burner in ISO write mode, but limits the user to using ISO files. Nero is the default app for Shrink, but CopyToDVD can also be used as well as the Decrypter. There again a portion of the Nero suite pops up.

I've found that a program not having a ripper is less an impediment than one not having a good encoder. Rippers can easily be found, but the encoding engine is the heart of a recording program (or at least those encoding to 4.7 media).

AnyDVD is currently one of the best methods to bypass encryption on factory media. It runs in the background and the recording software sees the source as an unprotected disc.

9. linbegone

linbegone Member

I dont mean to be a pain but i was wondering if you have tried out DVDFab. its not an abtrusive program in size but it does pull your resources..but i have been using for about a month and it has really worked out well with de-css and de-mac'ing and fixin rce. it rips and fixes in average of 22-25 mins and has its own burn program that is no-touch, burns in about 20mins and found it to do a hell of a job.. i have used nero for about a year and have copy2dvd but was turned off because of not recording a copyrighted disc..already had that with decryptor..had the nero to shrink..lol..so its collecting dust. but give dvdfab a shot...you might like it also. have a nice on now.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

AnyDvd will crack most copy protection. It is one of my fave bits of software.

Slysoft hallowed be thy name!

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Pulsar
    Good app, but I wouldn't go that far though. Watch out for lightning on your next outing. LOL

DVDFab, a matter of choice. It's gotten better recently, or gained more capability. I wonder if it works with the new sector encryption, like that in Little Black Book. That had a lot of writers heading back to the drawing board. I've not really tested DVDFab, so I can't judge it except on what it offers. It was just a weak app for the longest. With AnyDVD and Decrypter, I don't have a problem with any recording apps I use. Some have burners, but I still have occasion to burn with Nero. So, if one has DVDFab and is happy with it, "may the force be with you". I heard Sonic is now involved. Sonic has a good background in software.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  12. linbegone

linbegone Member

Hi again...no, it didnt crack the encoding on resident evil apocolypse and probably wont on little black book..that was the problem i had that i start my first thread on..i would imagine that DVDFab is now going to have to update their decoding engine because of the new encoding. but otherwise not counting the new encryption.. i thought it was a very nice little program. hopefully they do update it. it really was a breeze to use. and i havent heard of sonic..i will check that out also. thanks for the input and have a great one.

13. dipsy

dipsy Member

Did brobear say that anydvd worked to crack the encryption on Little Black Book or Resident Evil Apocalypse?

14. brobear

brobear Guest

Yes he did, use the latest Beta version (or latest version, it was beta yesterday). Also, lightning UK said DVD Decrypter was updated to handle the problem with his new version release. Since I have both, I guess I'm doubly prepared now. I normally rip with DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD running in the background.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
  15. mahmut1

mahmut1 Member

download a program called dvdshrink and that will crack the code and shrink the movie at the same time.

here is the website where you can download the program from www.dvdshrink.org

16. mojavekro

mojavekro Member

DVDFab will not copy Resident Evil 2 or Little Black Book but DVD Region Free+CSS Free will. I have both DVDFAB and Region+CSS Free (I bought them in a bundle). Actually, DVDFAB works good but does not keep up with the latest copy protections, but DVD Region+CSS does. I believe Fengtao does this on purpose because if DVDFAB had the latest ripper, the sales of RegionFree would go down.

I usually shrink with Nero Recode but DVDFAB is a close second.

I have yet to see anything that AnyDVD does that Region+CSS can't do. AnyDVD is sometimes quicker on getting Betas out for new titles but Fengtao is right on it as well.

17. brobear

brobear Guest

mahmut1
    You must really be new here. DVD Shrink can be downloaded here. There is even a special section for DVD Shrink discussion and help here at AD. However, Shrink will not work with the new unreadable sector encryption unless it has a program like AnyDVD running in the background or it uses files ripped by DVD Decrypter. You can search out the threads where people are having problems with Resident Evil 2 and Little Black Book to better understand what I'm talking about. Also, since DVD Shrink is not supposed to be revised, there can only be more problems with encryption in the future.

mojavekro
    I've used both Region Free and AnyDVD. In fact I own both. The AnyDVD does stay updated better/faster. That is a lot of the reason for having a retail app, good support. For most movies Region Free has no problems, but for the most comprehensive coverage, AnyDVD does a better job. The recent sony encryption is a prime example with RE2 and LBB. Fengtao eventually gets the R&D done in most cases, but they often leave the customers waiting a bit.

18. mojavekro

mojavekro Member

Brobear, you're right AnyDVD does update a little faster but I would imagine that people own AnyDVD 10to1 over RegionFree and so there is probably a little more money floating around at Slysoft.

What I like about Fengtao, is that if you ask for a new feature on RegionFree or DVDFAB, they will try to implement it on the next update if possible.

I too have used AnyDVD (trial version) but until I see some big advantage over RegionFree, I will not purchase it yet.

19. brobear

brobear Guest

mojavekro
    Since you have Region free already and don't mind waiting for updates, then in your case it would be a waste of money. Just one of those situations where a matter of choice comes in. Glad you're happy with the app. Ever wonder why AnyDVD has that 10 to 1 market share (your numbers)? I think it is due to a better product with superior support and R&D, then that's my opinion and as I said, I own them both.

I like the new movies and I like doing my backups of them before they have a chance to get scratched up? That means having the most up to date apps as soon as possible.