1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting soft mod to work with halo 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by spartini, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigroot

bigroot Member

hey jonbtrini, i answerd your post with ny statment above your last one .thanks { NOOBST} YOU KNOW WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS.
    i have 2# acct one ill do the soft md the other ill leave alone .
    my reasons are my OWN idont question why you have modded your xbx Jonbtrini ."without trying to be sarcastic"
    my reasons are to have fun with the new files and level the arena whe
    n needed not to be corrupt or evil. i play to have fun .

my life is my own and i will live it to the fullest

2. Kahl102

Kahl102 Member

It doesnt matter how many xbox live accounts you have on your xbox, it is the xbox its self that gets banned not the account.

3. Devil09

Devil09 Guest

Does anyone know where to get a mod chip? Store preferably over internet.

4. Noobist

Noobist Guest

oh and h2king yes i kn othat just b/c im a high lvl doesnt mean i shouldnt hack.
    i kno that hacking is for fun (for most ppl) and if u had read my post correctly u would hav seen that i said that i am looking into it to use on my own xbox.

oh and i dont kno the name but whoever said that they were looking for a soft mod chip, there is two methods of hacking.

soft mod (nothing soldered or added onto the actually motherboard)
    and theres hardmod (installing a mod chip onto your motherboard)

so im not sure wut u mean by a soft mod chip

5. Noobist

Noobist Guest

devil, if u want a store ur gonna hav to leave the state u live in. lol we cant magically kno where u live

6. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Inglis10 - Yo, shutup man. You just sound plain DUMB. If you did ANY type of reading at all, you'd know that Bungie has people on Xbox Live joining games and looking for cheaters and hackers right now. And my name is jonbtrini, not jombi.....moron.

@bigroot - I wouldn't even give a rats azz if you wanted to know WHY i had my Xbox modded, because the fact of the matter is, even if i DID use hacks in games, I DON'T HAVE XBOX LIVE so it wouldn't matter anyway. And your actual XBOX will be banned, not your account, so it doesn't matter if you had 2, 3, or 10 accounts. You'd still need a new Xbox to use them.

7. Inglis101

Inglis101 Guest

No accually dumb ass....You go into your xbox and change the serial number..they banned the serial number not the xbox..dumbass if you were smart enough to knwo that...JOMBI JOMBI JOMBI

8. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

LOL yeah okay you try that Inglis10 and see if it works like you hope it does lol. I'm interested to know how the hell your dumb azz plans on changing the serial number of your xbox HAHA. What a moron...

9. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

i think he means eeprom, not serial number (common newb misconception)

10. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

My thoughts exactly...i was wondering what he was talking about with the serial number lol...

11. Noobist

Noobist Guest

guys, why cant we be friends?

but yeah Inglis101 you are retarded lol

12. bigroot

bigroot Member

I agree {noobist} but this is how i see it Jonbtrini say's he has the maps and the files and the modded xbx, but tells us it's WRONG>..
    to me he is outright hypocritical.. i mean you can help someone or not it is your choice why be so critical of so many people who you dont knowit's like he's angry at us for wanting know what he already knows,instead of warning us about what bad things could happen and letting us make our descision.JONBTRINI idont know you but it seems you have some hpocritical morales . dont judge dont be so dam condeming to people who are just trying to learn.

REALY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS HERE ?

13. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

@Noobist - I Agree!

@bigroot - If you paid attention, you wouldn't make comments like the one above...i have no problem with people have modded maps/hacks whatever. It's when people use them on Xbox Live that i don't like. It doesn't matter if i personally have modded maps and whatnot because I DON'T HAVE NOR DO I WANT XBOX LIVE. Hence, nobody will ever have to worry about me hacking the game and cheating them out of their online experience...and i will not tell people or show people how to do these things for their OWN GOOD because if you haven't heard, Microsoft & Bungie are actively seeking out people who hack the game and are BANNING their Xboxes (not their account THEIR XBOX!) from Live. So, to you who think i'm not trying to be of help, despite my numerous tutorials i have on afterdawn....piss off

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  14. Noobist

Noobist Guest

yes i agree 110% with jonbtrini, hes is not being hypocritical at all. if yu guys would take the time and actually read the posts that he put up instead of just looking for ways to find hacks then you would hav seen that he doesnt use xbl and dislikes ppl who use hacks with xbl.

so to bigroot, please get the facts strait b4 u go and call sumone else out.

15. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Thank you Noobist...and let me further elaborate...As i said previously, I have NO PROBLEM with people who want to use hacks or whatever between them and their friends to have fun with the game. This to me, is not a big deal. Especially when you get into some of the AMAZING new multiplayer maps that people have made for Halo 2 such as Descension, Zentation, The Hive, and so on. (I have about 35 multiplayer maps in total that my buddies and I play, complete with new weapons, level skins, etc.) But when people get on Live and get into matchmaking games using hacks and cheats is when i draw the line. I feel every one of these people should be banned. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem if someone was using hacks in their own personal custom game on XBL, but as i also said, Microsoft and Bungie don't even want people doing THAT. Even people playing custom games with hacks and trainers are getting banned...so all of you who are bashing me should actually be thanking me that i'm saving you $150....so you don't have to go out and buy another Xbox when you get banned from XBL for using the cheats!

16. bigroot

bigroot Member

okay im done with the dialogue on the issue of wrong or right.
    its done. ihave no ambition to futher reply on unesccary issues iwould like nothig better than to accomplish the goal that would be aquire them material such as the hacks. i know bungie has already put the patches in place as to filter the increasing situation of hacks, i could and honestly deal with no {xbl} when using the new material if i can yet aquire it.

man is it hot here

17. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well if you're not interested in using XBL anymore, then that's a different story. However, all in all it doesn't matter because the majority of sites that had these files have closed their download forums due to the state of cheaters using these hacks on Xbox Live. They intend to not reopen anything until Bungie and Xbox Live issue their next autoupdate patch which will automatically scan for hacked maps/gamefiles...

18. destruct7

destruct7 Member

U can still find the files neccessary to soft-mod and load modded maps on ur xbox, it is just hard like jonbtrini says. It took me all day to find everything... Now I'm happily playing Warlock over and over again... but beware- it would b better to make it so ur warlock map FAILS to load so that u dont have to play against custom modders w/ machine gun snipers/ inf ammo and no ammo on the map and u start off with needler --> R4P3

and I also think (according to many ppl I play with on live- not best source of information) the "FIX" Bungie is going to put out will only Ban ur account from matchmaking -- and it only detects the modded maps.... so store them on ur computer for awsome LAN games

19. Kahl102

Kahl102 Member

@jonbtrini-i have read all your tuts and i have helped my friend softmod his xbox. (he doesnt have xbl) me and some of my friends intend to get together for a halo 2 tourny but we would like to get soem new maps and get a system link going. I have asked you a few questions which you havent responded to. i understand that you are busy but if you find time could you send me an email at [bold]removed[/bold]with any info you could to point me in the right direction of the hacked maps? also what is you website? im sure it will make the realm of softmodding a little bit clearer. Thanks jonbtrini, you are the best when it comes to reading up on modding

ps i totaly agree with not using the maps on xbl and i am trying to set myself up with xlink kai but it is a little bit confusing and i havent been able to figure it out

Last edited: Dec 29, 2005
  20. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

might wanna remove that email addy, less your inbox be filled with tons of letters on enlarging your unmentionable's and other spam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.