1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ghost recon

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by halotwo, Mar 24, 2006.

1. halotwo

halotwo Regular member

IS GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER GOOD FOR XBOX TO PLAY ONLINE OR CAMPAIGN

2. theridges

theridges Guest

i heard it wasnt as good as the 360 version.....

3. halotwo

halotwo Regular member

oh
    how about oblivion

4. attenuate

attenuate Regular member

Well, since Oblivion isn't for the Xbox at all....

5. handsom

handsom Regular member

GRAW for the XBox is fine. I have been playing it for a while. I was quite preturbed with most of the changes made in GR2; because it became so much like Socom (Ghost Recon was created to be an antithesis to Socom; why impersonate it?)

But the new one was a vast improvement. I highly suggest it. Admittedly the 360 version is vastly prettier; but if you're looking for a challenging and fun experience, the online component of this game will more than supply it on either the original XBox or the 360. And the offline component certainly isn't bad either.

Also on teh horizon to watch for; a new Rainbow Six game will hit supposedly this May. It takes place in Vegas, and sounds good. Terrorists take control of Vegas, and you have to sift through the innocent civilians to locate the terrorists one by one. It looks like a great challenge in interior squad combat.

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

When playing GRAW online on a normal xbox does it let you play against people that are playing it on the 360? i only ask because I have it on the 360 and want to play against my mate who only has an old xbox.

7. halotwo

halotwo Regular member

thats what i hate i cant play my friends who have the same game as me but for 360.

8. handsom

handsom Regular member

There has been some debate about this being supported on some games in the future, but I don't foresee it ever really happening. It would be awesome, but I think it has a lot to do with response times, and the fact that the two versions of the game use certain features in ways that are fundamentally different from eachother.

Xbox simulates the cross cam with occasional lo-res snapshots

360 actually renders it in real time with only slightly lower detail

That's only one difference, but it could cause some major issues trying to connect the two.

9. halotwo

halotwo Regular member

I GUESS

10. handsom

handsom Regular member

Okay, look at it this way. In this case, and from the looks of it a lot of these games; they are actually using a game engine that is entirely new and different from the current gen console, or they are using an engine that is so tweaked for better graphics that it almost can't be considered the same engine.

The only way to make it work, would require removing a lot of the changes for the nicer XBox 360 versions in mulitplayer. Which, would probably make a lot of people really happy. When I paid $400 for my 360, and switched over to XBox Live Gold; I really wanted to know that for the sake of compatibility, all my online games would be graphically, and sometimes functionally, dumbed down. Had an announcement of that sort been made; I would have re-considered my purchase of the console to begin with.

Particularly with GRAW; the cross cam. It is a major element of the game, much more so in the 360 version, which can actually handle it. Whereas with the XBox version, it honestly seems more like it's there for pretend. lol.

If they were to leave that on in the 360 version, people with orginal xbox's couldn't send and receive that kind of signal, while still having enough processing power to do the things for your own gameplay. Not to mention, people with 360's would have a clear advantage; and be frustrated with the few players who did not have the newer hardware.

Especially with this title, there really doesn't seem to be a workaround. Besides, when Tony Hawk 3 came out for the PSX and then the PS2; no one complained that their save wasn't universal between the two game systems, it was understood. While not impossible, making multi-platform intercompatibilities is simply not worth the time and effort for major game companies; much less a hardware manufacterer who really needs to secure their seat in the next upcoming console war.

11. eperez1

eperez1 Guest

I do like GRAW for both online play and I did like the campaign als but I am a big ghost recon fan.

12. halotwo

halotwo Regular member

yeah but for xbox it sucks like hell

13. handsom

handsom Regular member

It's definitely not as good as the 360 version; but as xbox titles go; it's one of the best shooters in recent months.

I prefer the nicer version, but for those who don't have the 360; this is still a supreme title.