1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dragnandy, Nov 18, 2007.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

can somebody help me clarify the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. which ram types specifically work with it. ive googled it for like more than half an hour, and ive found several sites saying it supports different stuff. like some work, some dont, and such.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-p35-ds3l_1.0.pdf

i went there and there are 3 different types. im confused what the 'v' mark means. and for that motherboard, do u have to put 2 of the same ram sizes in pairs? like 1gb+1gb+512mb+512mb? or can i do 1gb+1gb+1gb?

i know this is wayy off track with the thread, but seeing that its a quick question and i wouldnt want to make a whole new thread, is a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ better than a Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. AXT

AXT Guest

This motherboard take DDR2 preferable DDR2 800 (PC6400) or better. It can support a max of 8GB or ram. And no you do not have to use two of the same sticks. Also the E6750 is better than the X2 6400+.

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

when you say 'better', what is better than pc6400? and what really makes it better than other rams?

so if my ram were to be 1gb+1gb+1gb, that would work?