1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gigabyte problems help??which setting??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by cphicks, Jan 31, 2007.

1. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi everyone yep its me again but on behalf of my brother,ok my brother has a gigabyte board, we tried to format the drive which we did it worked for a while then when windows starts up just after the post test, it goes off again this happens everytime he turns pc on, now heres the strange part, on hes setting you can set the drive for the following sata,scusi,raid, now he has a hard drive with the normal ribbon cable i think its called a IDE, so can someone please tell me what i set it on, its not sata because thats a different lead and he only has one hard drive, hes operating system is windows xp pro, if you can help please let me know thankyou so much chris

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. set the ide hd as the boot drive.

3. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

thankyou ddp sorry for putting this in wrong post, you say set up ide hd to boot up, that is in the cmos settings where is says first boot up device ,second bootup device and so on right? i think he did that, but he cannot understand why he has a setting, saying sata, scusi,raid, yet not just IDE,and i put the cable on the motherboard in IDE ONE, because he has four IDE cable clots and one fdd, hope this helps chris

4. ddp

what is the make & model# of that gigabyte board?

5. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

hi ddp ok the model no is as follows GA-7VAXP.ULTRA,it has 4-UDMA ATA 133/100/66 Bus master IDE PORTS, Hope that helps mate, like i say all i want to know is what do we set it on, because he said he can only see a setting for sata/raid/scusi ?? hope you can help thanks again chris

6. ddp

in the sata/raid/scsi boot order, set to scsi. in the raid/scsi boot order, set to raid. this according to manual. in the 1st/2nd/3rd boot device, set to floppy, cdrom & hd-0 til windows loaded than reverse the cdrom & hd-0 boot order.

7. cphicks

cphicks Regular member

thankyou so much ddp, il try this out friday, wnen he comes round, we are also going to put 2 partitions in so he can get the most out of hes drive, thankyou again as always you come up tops chers chris