1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girl next door?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snoopydog, Nov 18, 2004.

1. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

what does the error message that says

failed to read "e:\"

mean

im trying to back up the movie and that message come up.

im using dvd shrink

ill try using deciptyer and then get back to you but please help me while i try.

sorry for the spelling.

2. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

please any info the decrypter keeps getting an error message saying

i/o error
    Device [1:0:0] Lite On DVDRW SOHW-812S US203 (e:) (ata)
    scsistatus: 0x02
    interpratation: check condition
    cdb: 28 00 00 21 b5 f3 00 00 01 00
    interattaion: read (10) - sector: 2209267

sense area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 00 00 00
    interpratation uncovered read error

3. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

please did anyone back this disc up it isnt working.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

It looks like the disc you are trying to rip is dirty, damaged or scratched, or has corrupt data that can't be read. Thats what its trying to tell you. Check the disc see if it needs cleaned.

Jerry

5. snoopydog

snoopydog Guest

thanks for the help....i cleaned the disk but it still didnt work (so lets hope i dont ever have someone break it.) thanks

6. plywood9

plywood9 Guest

HELLO SNOOPYDOG

What software are you using? Try DVDShrink and DVDDecypter. If you have several software programs installed it may be a conflict, it happened to me with "RECORDNOW" got the same error. Went back to the DVDShrink and DVDDecypter. it's all working well again.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2004
  7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What?? Did you read the posts?

First post: im using dvd shrink

Second post: please any info the decrypter keeps getting an error message saying

8. brobear

brobear Guest

Simply means the PC is not reading your E:\ drive for whatever reason.

Standalone players will sometimes play discs that PCs won't record. So you may want to do as suggested, check the disk. Download DVDInfoPro and run the DVD through and check it for errors. A block of read errors will stop the software. That was one of your error messages.
    Smudges can be washed off, and scratches can be buffed out with a tool like Skip DR; but read errors in the recording itself are more difficult. If the problem is read errors in the recorded media, you can try a recovery program. A word of warning though, they have a high failure rate.

@flip218
    Looks like the newbie got himself another post. Shortly we'll have another Senior. :)

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Just a thought, you didn't say what you were trying to record. Some new DVDs are encrypted with corrupt sectors. That technology mimics what is happening to you. A standalone player will play it, but software has trouble recording it. The latest version of AnyDVD solved that decryption problem. Just in case try a trial version of AnyDVD and see if that solves your problem. Just let AnyDVD run in the background while you run Decrypter or Shrink. It will work by itself as well with apps like CloneDVD or any other that needs an external decryption program.