1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

glitching DVDs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Emsyjane, Aug 11, 2006.

1. cynn

cynn Regular member

@saugmon, when you say "a lot of people will do that and don't know the risk involve" about burning on the fly, can you tell me what are the risk? That's the way I've been burning all my dvd/vcd/cds (perfectly) so if there are risks I am not aware off, pls let me know. Thank you.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

There's a greater risk of coasters when you rip and burn on the fly,especially for dvd backups.Majority of my OTF are copies of my dvd backups.

I've never had trouble on the fly for both cds and dvd-5 dvds. I haven't tried on the fly with dvd-9 to Dl media because I only have nero 6.
    Nero 6 does have issues with burning DL media.

My last OTF copy scored 96 with nero's disc quality scan,very comparable to my regular backup to harddrive with dvd shrink and autoburn with nero.

Safer to backup to harddrive,then burn.It only takes me 5 mins longer,unless it's a huge dvd-9 original.

A good reader/clean original disc or backup copy/ good writer/and a well tuned pc: Good equipment helps out immensely.