1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glitchy screen problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 21Q, Jan 26, 2007.

1. 21Q

21Q Regular member

I have experinced this problem on many laptops before. But now its affecting my laptop. Randomly my screen will just start sliding back and forth really fast randomly and sometimes it will move different parts of the screen else ware. I was able to copy, paste, and save the image once but it didn't show it glitchy.

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Believe it or not, that reminds me of "joke viruses". Not harmful viruses as those that cause file or system damage, but literally created to play with your head. Kinda like the Coke virus that opens up your CD drive tray when you answer Yes, I'd like to have a cup holder!

Just a thought...but without any software causing the issue, might be a problem with the video card/system.

3. 21Q

21Q Regular member

Thats what I thought until I saw it happening to school laptops, it could be a driver or something but I cant figure it out, maybe something .net framework or something, but its incredibly annoying because it happens at the most inconvenient times, lately when I'm on eBay it happens often. This never happened on vista till I had to uninstall cuz a used key. Anyway its really annoying.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Could you perchance, list us the running services/programs you have going when this happens?

5. 21Q

21Q Regular member

well i had on my wireless, McAfee, and firefox, then there are the things that run in the background, if you need that list tell me. thanks so far

6. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Hard to hit and miss....but did any of the other laptops run McAfee?

7. 21Q

21Q Regular member

well they did anti-virus software