1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gmail invites ONLY!!! not the other invites!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by flip218, Sep 5, 2005.

1. realg187

realg187 Guest

I dont get it, you cant ask for invites to other sites, but you can for gmail??? I dont even think gmail needs invites, does it?? Last I recall you can just sign up. I may be wrong though...

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it's invites to torrent sites you can't ask for; gmail doesn't necessarily support piracy, nor do idiots that post like crazy all over ask for gmail invites. they come here and politely ask in a civil tone.

3. realg187

realg187 Guest

You cant ask for invites to pirates software sites, but you can ask for support??

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Support is usually supplied in the form of an FAQ on the site. :)

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

support in what? it's innocent until proven guilty, not vice versa. if a person asks for help with a downloaded file, we are to assume they have a legal copy, unless otherwise stated. also, in some places, such as Canada, filesharing [bold]is[/bold] legal. but i digress; the point is we can't share on here, but we can help with what they've already acquired, given it doesn't expressly and positively prove them pirates.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

...however this thread is strictly about Gmail invites, we're veering off topic...there's way too much off-topic stuff going on around the place lately

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Indeed, Lets get back on topic. I have NO invites left lol; poor me :(

:)

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

A mod has already said that torrent sites have emailed them reqesting that their invites aren't advertised publicly on a thread like this.

Also, torrentsites arent jsut used for illegal downloads of programs and music etc, there is perfectly legal documentation and other things that can be downloaded.

I have 84 invites left.

P.S Creaky, how can other sites like torrentportal and torrentspy etc, openly discuss piracy on the forums, and help with .rar files and things? Just a questiong, pm me the answer if you wish, so as not to steer this thread any further of topic. Hows it going, anyway?

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

it's all to do with rules of a site, AD has it's rules and i just help enforce them :p

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lol no no, i wasnt criticising you creaky, i respect you the most out of all the mods.

Just didnt think it was site rules that ban piracy discussion, i didnt think it was legal for any sites to encourage piracy. Thats all.
    Still 84 left.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  11. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It's partly to do with the laws in the country that Afterdawn is based in (I think it's finland) - If i recall rightly piracy can't be discussed publicly on forum sites such as aD. In any case, gmail does NOT have free signups, it's Google accounts, which are different.
    Need a gmail invite? PM us with your email address!
    Need a torrent invite? Look elsewhere.

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol - people will go there expecting help. I don't know how much we need put it out that we don't give out torrent invites. I got PMed about a demonoid invite a while back, but I don't even know how I would go about inviting someone anyway!

14. realg187

realg187 Guest

I used to know a invite spooler thing, that how I got my account(s)! They shuit it down after a while cuz gmail didnt like it, but F#%^ what they like, If i want an acount i'll get one!

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yeah, invite spoolers were illegal I thought, but oh well. If you need an invite, I'm waiting for your personal message! :)

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

Me too. Extra inviting emails nourished frequently with cod liver oil, every single good vitamin and bacteria possible, and most importantly, my invites are way more inviting that sams :D

Whats an invite spooler? If this is a dodgy subject you can jsut give me a link that explains it :D

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Probably Something that sends out invites automatically one would presume. Some kinda web page that you put ur email in and it sends an invite to that address so you can sign up.
    What is this ridiculousness with you're super-inviting racing-spec invites? Lol how many you got left? I have a funny feeling you'll run out before I will... but then you can invite yourself and get more!

18. realg187

realg187 Guest

A spooler [bold]IS[/bold] a site that spits out invites. I dunno why they banned them...

19. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Why do you think? lol what purpose do invites have if everyone can get one?

20. realg187

realg187 Guest

That;s a good thing. so Gmail want to limit it off the some few lucky people. I eblive in luck, and woth things like spoolers you can change yur luck!