1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gnome power manager

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by david94, Feb 25, 2011.

1. david94

david94 Regular member

i have ubuntu on my laptop and gnome power manager seems to bug me as every time i unplug the power cable it tells me low power and shutting down even if the battery is fine and charged. does anyone know of a replacement for gnome power manager

2. Schmick

Schmick Member

What is the actual battery condition? If it is old or damaged it might be a genuine problem.

Check the settings too. You could have it set to shut down at a high percentage, disable shut down and stress test to see how long the battery lasts.

I doubt that using an alternative is necessary, it is just doing what it is being told to, either by a bad battery or bad config.

3. david94

david94 Regular member

the battery itself is fine (its less than a year old) i have used other systems with kde or xfce and they work fine. its only when i use a gnome distro such as ubuntu, linux mint etc. i have checked the configuration but dont know what to do. every time i unplug the power cord it will tell me the battery is critically low and is going to shut down or sleep even if if it has 50% charge. i have removed gnome-power-manager before and solved the problem, and using windows on it was working fine. :/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011