1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going the projector route

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sr388frau, Aug 24, 2007.

1. sr388frau

sr388frau Member

I'm seriously considering getting a projector and screen for my new apartment. It's spacious and I think it would suit a projector system well, but I really don't know very much about this technology.
    From a little research I know there are a lot of dimensions to this. I'm hoping somebody might be able to provide a step by step guide (or at least a few pointers) on how to go about determining a) that a projector is for me, b) what projector i should get, and c) how do i go about setting it up.

fyi, the room has many windows (with blinds) and let's in a good deal of light during the day. i would also be using this as tv and playing video games on it occasionally during the day.

Any help here would be much appreciated

2. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

There's a guide over at projectorcentral.com for buying a projector/screen combo. It lists a few questions that you have to consider:

Which aspect ratio do you want?
    What resolution is best for you?
    How bright should it be?
    How much contrast do you need?
    What are your installation constraints?
    What will it cost?

After you've answered these then go to their list of recommended projectors for home theater use.

http://projectorcentral.com/home_theater_buyers_guide_0.htm
    http://projectorcentral.com/home-theater-multimedia-projectors.htm

3. biggebruv

biggebruv Regular member

well my projecter experiance was great but when the lamp went that was it i found out id have to pay around 350euro for a new lamp and no way am i paying that if you want to play games watch tv then i dont think a projecter will be good for you imagine buying a new lamp every 4 months or so.

the projecter i got was from work they were trowing it out as they got a new one. so i got a good few months with my FREE projecter before the lamp went.