1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to buy a 8800GTX for a Aspire X-Superalien Case

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mmalyszko, May 11, 2007.

1. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

hey guys, i have a question. Is it possible to fit a 8800GTX in my Aspire X-Superalien Aluminum Case-Blue. I have a 7900GT right now, and by the looks of it i have about 4 to 5 inches left to the drive cage. Has anyone had problems getting it inside a case like mine. I don't wanna buy one and then find out it doesn't fit, and then i would have to get a new case. I love my case cause its big and i have lots of room. I've had it for almost 4 years now and i plan on keeping it for about 2 more years. Tell me what u think guys. I appreciate it. THX

2. elokito

elokito Regular member

its a standard atx case so yeah it will fit

3. mmalyszko

mmalyszko Regular member

i went online and read that it is almost 10.5 inches long, like 10.4**. So then i took a ruler and measured it and it almost touches my HDD cage. So there would be about 3 cm of clearance, is this enough to fit the card in, cause thats pretty close don't you think. Has anyone tried installing a card such as this into a case such as mine.