1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldfish Names

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by avitron, Aug 1, 2003.

1. avitron

avitron Guest

I Need Names For My Gold Fish

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

How about BAIT

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

In our lab the goldfish were named Helix, Beta sheet and Random coil. How geeky is that. How about Jordan or Deven. I always liked the name Deven.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I have loads of janpanese Koi. I call two of them Fish and Chips

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why would u nam,e ur gold fish? lol, it aint like they are gonna respond to their name is it? ;-)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

My Koi actually feed out of my hand. They are about 1-2 feet long.

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

How do you expect them to jump in the air and resite the alphabet backwards if they don't have names. Now really your just being silly.
    All honesty what americans find the time to teach their pets is a little scarry.
    Did any one hear about the Catfish in the US that jumped and eat a little dog? That was funny.

8. Dela

Yes that is funny, and no i never heard of it lol! :p

9. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

How about.... Fish001 and Fish002..... its creative and practical :p

10. Dela

How about Dela, Praetor, Oriphus, Darthip, Rotary, Shoey etc etc?? lol

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - thats an idea. How could you forget all us hehe
    nice one dela

12. Dela

or of course there is always, dvdshrink, dvd2one, xcopy etc etc, or emule, irc, bit torrent, DC etc etc ;-)

13. Praetor

Or you could involve the local community (everyone likes that).... go to a school and borrow a hyperactive 6 year old and take him to a compuyter and have him push butons for fun. Imagine that: your very own fish-name generator - and all it costed you was a sucker (or not even) hehe

14. Dela

hahaha, thats funny the way u said that, borrow a 6 year old!!! HAHAHAH might just get arrested!

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Praetor, I don`t know what you mean. When my causin was six, he was demonstration how to use Corel Draw to my grandfather. The younger they are the faster they pick tech up and surpass us. Soon we will be over powered by the ankle bitters and they will rule the world. HA HA HA.

Boy that was fun, on topic. Name them Jaws, Jaws 2. When I was kid we named one of our fish Jaw because he eat a chiness fighting fish.

16. rocky999

rocky999 Member

In my house we call them frog food.

17. Praetor

Prisoner .... congrats i guess but i must say children of this generation (mine included) are far too dependent on technology and tools, they lack the mental sharpness and rigor of our parent's generation.

To my knowledge there is no significant gentic difference between me, you and the average 6 year old. The only true differences that matter are discipline and maturity. You, me, that dude over there - NOTHING is stopping us from studying, practicing, learning, experimenting -- except ourselves.

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i agree with that one. I didnt grow up around computers and teh internet. It was really when i was 15 or 16 that i got connected. When i was 16 my uncle came over to fix the computer one time. His son patrick was only 5 years old or so. He sent Patrick up to fix and i thought he was joking so was playing along with it letting Patrick have a bit if fun. Next the kid starts asking me all these questions about IP's, windows versions all other other stuff. The bloody 5 year old fixed my computer that had blue screen syndrome!!!! That was a good 5 years ago or so.

19. Dela

I first started when I was 9, thats when i got big into it! Im still at it lol and i still have serious tonnes to learn!

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Every one has tons to learn. I got started in XT's. It was fun switching 5 and quarters to run programs. Hard drives were things one dreamed of and only 7Mb back then. But I know kids are similarly genetics to adults. Some variation is present, major difference is experince. I don't mean practic, I mean life events. Kids today never had the vacume tube, hole punched card computers. People from those generation know that if you sneze the whole thing explodes. So they are afaid, most kids know that you can drop a computer, rewrite the entire bios and it still can be recovered. Thus much less fear, and great playing around to figure it out.

But any ways How about XT, PC, and Laptop for names, the greatest strides in Computers.