1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOM player's now balks at ISO's?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by wguru, Nov 23, 2010.

1. wguru

wguru Member

I know for a fact that earlier versions of GOM's player, played my video ISO's just fine, but now it doesn't and I'm know their not corrupted. That leaves but one other supposed possibility; ie; codec(s) that GOM's player used to have are no longer provided. And yes, I've tried pointing the player's codec update feature to search for 'the' codec, but it fails to find 'one'. Anyone else finding this and if so, any info on this and/or resolution? FYI - Seen on both XPH-SP3 and Windows7 machines. Additionally, I'm able to use SUPER's converter to create mpg's for the ISO's so I know their not corrupted, so it seems either malware, microsoft or GOM's preventing this now, but which one?

2. wguru

wguru Member

Hmmm or should I say Grrr. No replies for months here. Worse yet, all the Google hits I see, point everywhere but to GOM as an iso player.

But at least for now once again, I can play iso's on Gretech's GOM player, ref. v2.1.21.4846 (on my Windows 7 machine).