1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Audio Ripping Software

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by AaronsDad, Jan 12, 2015.

1. AaronsDad

AaronsDad Member

Hey everyone! I am searching for a good program to let me rip my cds to my computer and then to my cell phone in AAC format. I just tried iTunes and for the most part was happy with it until it started ripping tracks multiple times. WMP is out of date and I would have to manually edit all the information. If anyone has any suggestions of any good programs to use I would really appreciate it. Thanks

2. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

Try some third party converting tools. Handbrake is a wise choice. If also want to convert DVDs, Free Video DVD Converter Ultimate is recommended.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

what post were you reading nepheler ?

@AronsD
    free:in no particular order & some my come in portable versions if you prefer not to install yet more junk
    TAudioConverter http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/convert_audio/taudioconverter.cfm
    audiocoder
    audacity
    mediamonkey
    foobar
    pretty sure klite could as well

mp3tag excellent tag editor i use it all the time,is also capable of removing or injecting missing art work into the music file

another way to rip is to a single file,then create a playlist most programs can do it on the fly

paid:
    anydvd apparently it can do audio cd's
    clonecd
    dbpoweramp music converter

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015