1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Convertor Device need for hi8mm to DVD...limited budget

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by bocko57, Apr 9, 2004.

1. bocko57

bocko57 Member

Hello and good day to all

I am looking to convert a bunch of hi8mm (analog) to dvd with my pc. I am on a tight budget (say $100Us or less) for the device. Is there a device out there that anyone recommends for this price and that will still give me good quality video and audio?

Thanks
    Chris

2. bocko57

bocko57 Member

I was looking at the Leadtek WinFast 2000 XP for about $50 USD. Also I was looking at the ATI AIW cards (7500 and 9000). I have seen the All in Wonder Cards mention but no particular series of card. Would these be better than the Winfast 2000 XP?

Not sure if this will do what I need or not. Your expert advice is needed. Also if there is a better product out there let me know..

Thanks
    Chris

Last edited: Apr 9, 2004
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you are Looking for a Card under $100 you will probably end up haveing to get a TV Card...
    You should try to get one that has a 10 bit decoder chip ,I hear the New Asus TV Cards are Quite good...

4. bocko57

bocko57 Member

Thanks Minion. Do you recommend the Asus over the ATI TV Card?

Thanks
    Chris B

5. onestop

onestop Regular member

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you get the Asus TV Card with the 10 Bit Decoder Chip then yes I would recomend it over an ATI Card accept maybe an All In Wonder 9800 Pro card but those will run you $300-$400 and for that Price you can get a Profecinal Analogue/Digital Converter which would Produce the best Possible Quality...The Leadtech Expert also uses a 10 bit decoder but there are also Many Posts on this forum about the Varius Problems Poeple have with this Device......