1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Fellas in 2 Disc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by tomroxie, Apr 23, 2005.

1. tomroxie

tomroxie Member

Hello Fellow Brain People,
    I have a paid copy of Good Fellas, which is split into 2 disc, I don't need all the extra features, just the movie. So, can someone tell me how to join them together onto one Disc?
    Sounds like this "DVD2one" is the answer, but if anyone knows the exact method, I'd appreciate the cut to the chase.
    Hey "AfterDawn" members, I just want to thank everyone out there, for all their great information, that I read all the time. A lot of smart people out there.
    Thanks for your time,
    Tomroxie

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, I don't know thet. I know that a DVD VOB set can be reduced by DVD Shrink (9 GB --> 4.5 GB) , but I can't join the twos in a movie.
    Try watching the DVD forums...

3. tomroxie

tomroxie Member

Hey, Thanks anyway,
    I found out how to do it.
    To create a two disc movie into one disc, copy the first disc in DVD Shrink, don't burn it, but take note to which folder you put it in, now do the same with disc 2 of movie, put it in same folder as new folder 2.
    Now, open Shrink, and click open re-aurthor, and click DVD browser, and search for your movie folder file, and select disc 1, now select, and just drag the movie itself into the left side of "Full Disc Back-up". Nothing else.
    Now open from folder holding disc 2, and again, just drag the movie into the left side of "Full Disc Back-up".
    Now, get the file size down to at lease 4.47 GB. This fit for me, on a DV5 4.7 GB disc. You can "custom adjust" the compression % first click or highlight the top movie, and try to reduce the compression to 2.2 GB, then highlight disc 2, and do the same, remember, the DV5 4.7 GB disc really only hold like 4.3 GB.
    So, lucky I was to get it to burn mine at 4.47 GB.
    Now select Back-up, and select a new folder, and Shrink will do the rest. It will let you know if it won't fit onto disc.
    Good Luck to all.
    Happy Lucky Guy