1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good games disscusion thread

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Ray92, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

A friend of mine (GTR35) asked me about gears of war so I started this thread as a place to discuss this and other games.

I wasn't really into gears that much since I didn't have a 360 and didn't really understand all the hype.

I recently went out and bought it, and I must say that it is absolutely fantastic. While it's true that it seems kind of dull, and lacking color, all that gives it a great effect and makes it feel realistic.

Another reason I like this game is the gameplay style, especially in story mode. I was used to playing run and gun games, but this is completely different. You must use cover, and the cover system is great, along with the AI. Running and gunning will get you nowhere in this game.

I played the first 4 acts on co-op with my brother using LAN, and we had the most fun in a long time. Even playing the last was wicked fun

This was one of the most enjoyable games I've played on the PC in a long time, and was worth every penny. Fingers crossed that they port gears 2 to pc

A TRUE GEM!! :D

2. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

i have to agree with the covering system. But hey sometimes it gets VERY frustrating! enemies keep coming out or they just can't "bloody" die! i have to shoot them 100 times before they do (ok over exaggerating) anyways, it's a good game...and so is Rainbow six Vegas 2. It's not as challenging as GOW but it's also one of the best covering system game i've ever played.

busy installing Gears of War...takes forever!

Oh do you play online games?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  3. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

True, it does get frustrating at times, but it helps a lot if you have another HUMAN backing you up :p ie. my brother

A friend gave me rainbow six vegas, but I haven't installed it yet. Might give it a shot.

I'd love to play games online, but I have dial-up so that's not an option. I live in Saudi Arabia, and DSL is expensive here, but I finally convinced my dad only for the DSL line provider to tell us that there are no ports in our area.

SOB, SOB ;(

4. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

lol, that just sucks...because internet in south africa is also expensive, but i was lucky enough to find a cheaper one, with a decent speed 384kbps but with caps.

Oh well, i was hoping you play online games such as Guild Wars, because it's free and it's fun.

You know what, i've played GOW just now and it was awesome, but i've died 5 times in a row, so i quit! In the beginning i chose left option, straight in to fight and got my ass whipped! LOL

5. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Yea, I have a friend who lives on WoW, I have been reading about a free MMO called air rivals, and I'm DYING to play it.
    I'm just waiting for ports to become available. DSL is actually cheaper now but the 1 company that provides the DLS lines are LAZY A$$es, so there is no telling when

You should restart and go into training. What difficulty are you playing on??
    I finished it on hardcore, using mouse and keyboard and brother (LMAO), but last act was all by myself.
    I plan on playing it again and finishing it on INSANE alone

PS - My cousin told me guild wars is awesome ;)

6. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

lol, no offence intended, but WOW is boring IMO. But hey its the most popular game. Anyways i never heard of Air Rivals, might check it out!

I play GOw on casual, and i've played it once but that was long ago so i thought i was good enough to start fighting in the beginning, but noooo i was not good enough because i'm not used to the controls...lucky you, you have a brother and can play with you...i'm the only one

SOB....

7. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Too bad, I had too play the last act all by myself, because my dear brother got himself banned from the computer by my mom :p
    And when he died in one place again and again I was stuck for three hours.

You can play campaign online with someone

I wouldn't play WoW because
    A - it's too hardcore
    B - My friend is addicted to it, and has no life, I have somewhat of a real life :p

Air Rivals is sort of a MMO Ace Combat

PS - Nice talking to you, how old are you???

8. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

lol, in WOW it's hardcore like you've said, because you might get killed my another player.

I've just checked the game air rivals...IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!!

Whoa you give me a fright there asking how old i am...you know this is internet, so you have to be very careful, no to ask somelike that too directly, hey i trusted that you know that already and since this is a good site so no worries
    I'm 17 turning 18 in January next year. and you?

9. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Sorry, I feel the same, I was just asking is all.

I'm sixteen in december, that's reason for me asking, I thought you were close in age to me :p

Sorry again

Play air rivals and tell me how it is as I can't play it myself

10. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

lol, it's cool mate! I've been there too you know...i'm not that old!

anyway, i'll only be able to play tomorrow, cause i'm not going to use up my internet cap for downloading the client setup. so yeah.

you said you have 56k? then your tel bill must be extremely high?

oh and what other cool online games do you know? Free of course

11. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

It's not that high, because on normal days i limit myslef and only go online for short bursts of bout half an hour, bout 4 times a day.

During my IGCSEs I barely went online, same might happen from next week as I start my A levels ;(.

In the summer it's huge but I pay a portion of it using my allowance

I've been on the whole day today, because I'm at my uncle's house who has DSL :D

EDIT - Just saw the last line of your post.
    In a magazine I read recently they said there is a free game called MYTHOS, that is supposed to be as good as Diablo and such, an MMORPG I guess :p
    You might want to check it out

12. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

then it should be easy, you must go to your uncles house like every friday or something to play online games with me or something...bring your computer to your uncles house and use there DSL. What do you think of that idea? cause i'm so bored i need to play with someone online

13. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

LOL
    That would be fun, but
    A- His DSL is slow (256 kb) and online gaming prolly wouldn't work apart from maybe maple story:p
    B- With my A Levels I don't know if I could manage
    C-I don't know the first thing about online games :p

I'd be willing to try though

14. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

ok
    A- i have 384k which is only 128k mor than 256k so it shouldn't be a problem
    B- sorry but what do you mean by "A-Levels"?
    C- that is why you should play, its very easy to understand. Thats why you should start playing MMORPG with someone then by yourself.

and yes just try...oh can you give me a link to the mythos game?

15. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

A levels are the examinations that we give a the end of grade 11 and 12
    It's a two part british curriculum AS and A2

I read about mythos, but after a quick google pulled this up.
    I'm posting while I wait for it to fully load, so here it is
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythos_(computer_game)

I'd be willing to play an MMORPG with you, but which one??
    Preferably fully free, with no purchases

EDIT - Apparently, the game is offline, it was closed down during beta testing, and I'm not too sure when it will be back.
    I'll check my mag when I get home

16. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

oh ok, i see now...

uh, free no purchase...hmmm...then how about Air Rivals? Sounds good?
    but can you cope with teh A-Level?

17. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

dunno if I can once school starts.

I'll see if I can download air rivals, but bear in mind I'll probably only be able to play about once a week, as I don't visit my uncle that much

However, if I get DSL I can play everyday

18. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

lol, are you sure "everyday"? but hey work hard and play less, when you've proven yourself then play hard work less...for me i always play hard and work less...lol!

anyways, i don't mind once a week...or should i say i don't mind if we don't play at all, cause i still have school and it's nearly exams...so i understand where you're standing. No pressure!

This is a gaming thread so we should be talking about games.

I see you have a psp what games do you have? I have like 17 games and getting more

19. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

I got the Air rivals installer, and was overjoyed to see it was 330kb, started installing the game and it began downloading the real game - 1.4 GB, that ain't never gonna finish, so I have to wait till I get DSL

I got 8 UMDs :-
    --Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
    --PoP revelations
    --007 - From Russia With Love
    --Daxter
    --Street Riders
    --Marvel Ultimate Aliiance
    --Tony Hawk project Hard
    --One more I don't remember :p

I also have 71 games on my hard drive, indexed in case you want me to post a list ( I will if you want, simply copy and paste)

PS - I play hard and work less, but thank god I still get good grades :D

PPS - I think this is a PC game thread :p

20. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

oh oops, i forgot it's PC game...and yeah i also thought the game was only 334kb...but then i canceled the installation...

Ok, are you looking forward to the up coming games such as COD5, Mirrors edge etc?