1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good LCD displays - PC

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Red_Maw, May 12, 2007.

1. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Hi, I'm looking to get a new LCD for my computer. I will be doing a lot of gaming and video editing/playback. I don't really have a price range I'm just looking for whats good. If you want to know my gpu is a ati 1950XTX (eventually crossfired) so the input will be DVI.

Thanks for your help.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You don't say what size screen you want. Most LCD's also come with the dual input, both DVI and D-sub. You will also want to take the ms response time into consideration...midrange models are around 8 ms down to 5 ms, where high end models will be around 2 ms. Since you will be doing alot of gaming I would think your refresh rate would be important.

3. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Yeah, I'm looking for a screen size of about 19-21" and a refresh rate no lower than 75Hz. Are there any monitors with 2ms response time that also have high resolutions? All the ones I found maxed out at 1280x1024. If you could just point me in the direction of a few good brands/models I could probably find one suitable.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

5. Red_Maw

Red_Maw Regular member

Thats a good monitor but I'm leaning towards the NEC 20WMGX2 because of the extra inputs. I don't have the money righ now to buy a monitor and a tv.