1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good mod chips?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by bazookafx, Aug 1, 2007.

1. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

So i tried to softmod my xbox and it FRAG'ed the whole thing, i get 3 boot tries and then it flashes green and red. I hear the the only way to fix this (other than a new xbox) is to install a MODCHIP. So i want to knwo where i can buy some GOOD CHEAP and solderless mod chips. I want to be able to backup games to my HD and be able to upgrade to bigger XBOX hard drive easily so any modchip that does that would be great!

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

if you softmodded and you got are fragging, then you did something WAY wrong. nothing that cant be fixed im sure. just hotswap it. softmods dont mess with hardware so you should be able to fix it.

3. maynard1

maynard1 Member

If you go the mod chip route I have had success with xenium gold solderless.

4. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

I'm a big fan of the zenium solderless for xbox versions 1-1.5 but for 1.6 don't even think about it. It's next to impossible to install without getting frustrated and breaking a wire!

5. bazookafx

bazookafx Member

well luckily i have 1.0 so i should be good. But a new problem has arised my sister threw my hard drive from my xbox away cuz she thought it was a hunk of metal (i had it laying on my desk) Sio with this 'zenium modchip' will i be able to play with a completely different HD? and no i didnt extract the eeprom or whatever

6. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

This chip is a no brainer for a xbox 1.0. All you got to do is stick 1 wire in a hole and screw the chip down. If installed correctly, the zenium operating screen will be the first thing that pops up. At this point i'd suggest getting a hold of auto installer deluxe 4.01 which will contain the bios that you will flash the chip and EZ 1 min set up for appz and your choice of dashboard.

Installing a larger HD takes no talent. Open up the xbox and switch Hd's. Run (aid) 4.1 and your good to go my friend. If you decide on this chip look me up for any questions if you get stuck.

-JOHNSTARR

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium/iceguide.pdf