1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good settings for 5.1 multichannel audio?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by psgame, Jul 13, 2007.

1. psgame

psgame Member

i just bought 5.1 logitech speakers for my pc and was wondering where I can adjust the settings of the sound and what settings are good.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

The only settings I know of is to set for 5.1 or 6 speakers. You would do this in the software that came with your sound card. There may also be a place in the software, to "Calibrate" your speakers. If there is, you should do that too. Other than that, not much to do to them.

Your software dvd player MUST support Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS, in order to hear 5.1 surround. I never found a free one. I use WinDVD. Since then, I've heard that Media Player Classic and VLC will handle it.
    Good luck!

3. psgame

psgame Member

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Not sure the mixer, in the pic, will do much for you, but the "speaker configuration" tab, and "speaker test" tab may help some.
    I'm not familiar with your software and setup. Experiment. Remember your settings, so if the experiments don't help, you can set them back like they were.

5. ivymike

ivymike Regular member

You can also encode your music using MP3_SX. It is a brand new protocol for 5.1 mp3 developed by Fraunhofer IIS and comes with it's own 5.1 mp3 player that works with XP.