1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good virus and spywire portection

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by halvear, Sep 16, 2011.

1. halvear

halvear Member

I just reformat my laptop after a virus crash. At that time I had Avg, Spybot, and Adaware security systems installed and I do not think they did a good job protecting my laptop.
    After reading all the advices in afterdawn I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials but I do not know if that will be enough to protect tha computer.
    I am planning to install Malwarebytes, SupeAntispyware and Spybot.
    Please I apprecciate some sugestions of free protection programs available.

Thanks for your feedback

2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware are both good to help once you are already infected or to search for possible infections. I myself use Comodo Internet Security, which has a combined firewall, spyware, and virus protection.

3. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

I use the purchased versions AVG. AVG seems to be in trouble lately for personal info issues. At least with the smartphones version :(.

Also I run Malwarebytes. You don't need two of the same type of malware programs. They may actually conflict with each other. I ran both Malwarebytes purchased version and AntiSpyware for a while to see if one would find something the other proggy didn't. Nope, one or the other is all you need, not both.

Jeff