1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodfellas: A good question for the pros..

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ericbee, Mar 22, 2003.

1. ericbee

ericbee Regular member

Goodfellas is still one of my favorite movies of all time. However, the original was produced back in the early days of dvd and is a flipper. Meaning at the end of disc one they make you get up and flip the disc over to watch the second side/ending of the film.

I have a good working knowledge of how to use dvd decrypter, nero and dvd 2 one. How can I use decrypter to rip BOTH sides of the dvd into a single folder? I haven't tried it but, I think there may be folders with the same names on both sides of the disc.

2 I have no idea how to reassemble the files so that they will burn in order on the final copy. Any help here?

Finally, I have seen NERO be difficult in reassemblish files in order on the burn page. Even if I get it right through cutting and pasting, will nero burn it the exact same way?

Thanks alot for helping me out. Step by step would be nice:)

2. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

http://www.doom9.org Has excelent guides, they should help you. I think you would have use dvd2avi on both sides and then use vdub to combine the files(after some minor editing) then use an encoder (like cce) to make a file just small enough to fit to a dvd. The guides will be much more informative than my ramblings. Good Luck

3. whompus

whompus Active member

I have not did a fliper but did combine 2 bob the builder dvds to one blank and should work the same for flipers. What I did was rip both movies to there on folders with dvd decrypter.
    Then had 2 folders with vob sets with same name like vts_01_1 and vts_02_2 in both folders. Renamed the second folders set to vts_01_3 and vts_01_4. then moved all the vobs into one folder ran ifoedit and chose create ifos pointed to the folder I moved all the vobs to after renaming the second set then to the first vob and ifoedit do the rest. then if need can run dvd2one to make right size for one disk. This worked to make 2 bob the builder 45 minutes episodes into one 1.5 hour episode. It should work on flipers also.

Good Luck

4. LuNaTiC

LuNaTiC Guest