1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Redirecting problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by cashman91, Feb 25, 2007.

1. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

Hey I was Wondering what can i do with this problem

Problem: When ever i go to google and do a search i get the results but when i click on the link it always redirects me to some next domain this is bad it pisses me off. clicking on the back button 4 times. I ran Rogers Yahoo scan, nortons full system scan and a couple others but my system is always clean no probs their. I clear my History everyday and it has its wirewall up (Norton) all the time.

so i was wondering if this problm is happening to you guys as well and if you have any suggestion i am all ears.

Thanks in Advance,
    Cashman91

P.S I am using IE 7 On Windows Xp SP2

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

A few things :

1)Get Firefox
    2)DUMP NORTON, replace it by something like Avast or AVG (both free) and try either Zonealarm or Comodo firewall (Zonealalrm has a free version, Comodo is always free)
    3)Get Spybot S&D, install, update and run it
    4)Roll back to IE6 if you know what's good for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2007
  3. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

Also, to add to that list, try installing and running Ad-Aware SE Personal, as this occasionally finds things spybot doesn't (tested myself, not going on someone elses word), and spybot will find things ad-aware doesn't.

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

True, or try Ewido next to it if your AVS doesn't like AdAware *happened to one of my customers last week*

5. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

How do I roll back?