1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

google searches err!!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by gotisos, May 5, 2004.

1. gotisos

gotisos Guest

google, it'll work sometimes, and then you'll get a search which is nothing but another search engine, W|T|F, google?

Oh man what happens when google goes public, is it going to get worse?

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

I personally think google is the dogs!! (which means the business in the UK), but i'm there to disproven if anyone knows better.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]2 cardboard boxes
    Cracked Windows 65
    Rusty cranking handle for booting.
    16 Pieces Of Absent Minded Memory.
    16Mb Medium to Prostrate Storage Space.
    Nvidia Crapmax 12 (8 Colour!!) Graphics Card
    36" Long Fish Tank (Including guppies) For Viewing.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004
  3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Try Teoma, I've found it to be more accurate than Google at times.

If you're running Firebird, you can integrate Teoma into the browser along with Google and flip between the two - a very handy feature indeed :)

4. brian100

brian100 Guest

Thanks for the tip Nephilim, id never heard of that engine before you mentioned it..

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Nephilim, whats the web address for Teoma? Or should I just google it :)

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

lol, that's how I found it after I read about it :)

Here ya go,

http://www.teoma.com/

Like I said before it can sometimes be more accurate than google. Firefox lets you integrate several search engines and it's a piece of cake to flip between them and compare results.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: May 10, 2004
  7. lampshade

lampshade Member

My guess is that Teoma is probably about 5 years away from surpassing Google, if it ever does. After all, Google is offered in multiple languages and has so many "services". Anyone know how difficult it is for search engines to expand the number of websites they can hold in their database? The 1.3 billion held by Google may not be so far from the 100 million held by Teoma. I dunno.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Good to see a new face!

Lampshade, Google is special in that it does cache websites. However most just run an search code string. In the early days you could buy to be ranked on a search engine, but google came out and not only searched for key words but for frequency of access. However this is no longer usefull as lots of sites are linking sites through to artifically increase the "popularity". That is what will remove google from being the top.

Although with that said google is in the process of changing its busniss strategy. What they see the future in cumputering is really just them. Google has a super computer located in multiple different countries and they will soon offer space on the computer. Thus All you need is fast internet and you can do all you video editing, documents ete on there computer with your own private space. They clean up all the virus and problems and you just pay out the cash.