1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a new question...Super 8 copied to Magnavox VHS/DVD Recorder wont play on anything else?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by XdjxedxdX, Apr 28, 2011.

1. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

My Uncle has a Super 8 camcorder that he used to copy video onto a Magnavox DVD/VHS Recorder to a DVD . Works great in the Magnavox player he has but nothing else.Tried many comps Stand alone players nothing works.

So i figure eh i got this give it to me and ill just reformat it to something else these people just don't know what there doing and aren't tech savvy lmao boy was i wrong.

Now im at a loss i cant get it to play in anything. Tried VLC first off never failed on me before but says error Your input can not be opened. Tried WMV DIVx and all kinds of other stuff.Now when i try to explore the DVD it says it's blank but you can see the burned part on DVD clearly and it works on his magnavox just fine .
    Is there anything i can use to view this or more so put it to a format i can burn onto another DVD ? It's my parents Wedding Tape alota people are wanting this.

Any help will be appreciated THANX

2. attar

attar Senior member

Possibly the disk wasn't finalized in the standalone DVD recorder?
    If the original DVD Recorder is still around, it can be finalized, else the only way to get it off the disk is to use IsoBuster.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

AH IC . I forgot all about ISO its been forever since I've used it.
    Will try ISO if that don't work i can go to his house and mess with it and if all else fails I'll just hook his camera to my laptop with some sorta cable or converter we'll cross that bridge when we get there lol.
    Thanx attar.