1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got DVD Shrink, Nero, And Decrypter...Anything else?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by qpasha, Aug 18, 2004.

1. qpasha

qpasha Member

I'm still new, and i read the guides and what people suggested so i got the DVD Shrink 3.2, Nero 6 burning rom, and Dvd Decrypter 3.2, will i need anything else?

This is my inderstanding of the process, please correct me if i'm wrong?

if the file is less that 4.7 then all i need to burn is the DVD decrypter 3.2

if it is more then i use the dvdshrink 3.2( i dont need the DVD decrypter because it has a bulit in decypter) only and enable Nero to burn.

As far the ASPI, i dont need to need to download anything else, becase the nero has the layer stuff i need.

thanks for reading, PLEASE correct me if im wrong, and if im right with understanging this please let me know as well, i need the reassurance.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Yes, using ISO Read/Write mode.

Yes. Shrink can burn with Decrypter as well.

Nero has it's own ASPI but DVD Decrypter may require it's own in which case ForceASPI is a good one. Here's a link to the download and instuctions:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101614

Feel free to ask questions :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  3. qpasha

qpasha Member

thanks again nephilim, i had downloaded Adaptec's ASPI 4.72a2 and loaded it, i read afterdawns guide and it said try this first then go to force, but should i just go ahead and do the force, will it override the previous drives?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Welcome to aD,

A slight addition,

The difference of 4.7GB DVD and 4.36GB DVD -
    While the manufactures advertise the size of a DVD as a 4.7GB DVD disc it’s not true. It’s because they calculate what 1GB is differently. A DVD will hold 4700mb but that is not 4.7GB that is 4.38GB because 1GB is not 1000MB it is actually 1024MB. Manufacturers do this false advertising all the time so you think you are getting more than you are, They do it with Hard Drives also so if you buy a 200GB Hard Drive it isn’t really 190GB it is actually more like 189GB. (I think that’s closer) At any rate, we prefer to calculate the available writing space on a DVD as 4.36GB to include the reverse math and also provide a bit of room for overhead :)

Once again, a 4.7 DVD disc can only hold 4.38 GB of information. The “Slide-rule types” will tell you that you should write to the limit of 4.36GB to allow for overhead. I like to adjustment the “Target size” to around 4300MB. It’s not much difference but it will provide you with a little extra wiggle room and insure that you don’t write to the very edge of your disc. The edge of the disc is the place where flaking sometimes occurs so that your movie might “stick” or “freeze” there.

Pete

5. qpasha

qpasha Member

thanks scuba, for the reply, i also read your response to "how do i burn a dvd" post, and that wa really helpfull as well.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I use Adaptec's ASPI 4.71.2 on my system since it works best for my setup.

You don't necessarily have to go to ForceASPI unless you run into problems with software failing to initialize due to an ASPI problem.