1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my R4 DS. Now it is saying "Loading" during the start up. HELP!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by denzilk, Feb 26, 2007.

1. denzilk

denzilk Member

Hello

I was excited to received my R4 DS today, however after a couple of successfully run, it now say "LOADING" during the start up. I read it somewhere that it maybe the problem with memory slot or cartriage itself.

Anyone found the solution to this problem? I do not want to mail it back b/c I just got it like 5 hours ago.

Please help!!!

2. denzilk

denzilk Member

Well its running again. I just have to tape it up and hold that microcard in place. Its kind of ghetto but I am going to give it a try for a week and maybe get the RMA from the place I bought it from.

3. denzilk

denzilk Member

ok..now it is broken. The card wouldn't even stayed in anymore.. crap!

4. Kiwiclx

Kiwiclx Member

It's broken! :( Working out a return is recommended.

5. ghost101

ghost101 Member

did u make sure u pressed R1 (the right hand corner button) to make the circle thing on the screen turn green, before u try to run the game? that is a must.

6. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Do you know anything about the R4? The Green circle is to enable soft-reset, in fact disabling it (so it's red) will increase compatibility.

7. ghost101

ghost101 Member

thanks mr hanky, but once i had the same problem as denzilk and by making the circle green it made the game load properly.

8. denzilk

denzilk Member

I am still waiting for my replacement R4 to come back in. I will pay attention to that "green" circle once I get it back. Thanks!

9. Wassup113

Wassup113 Member

OMG i have the same problem with the loading screen. I downloaded the firmware update and then it screwed up the r4. I got mine in china, so i tried downloading the chinese version of the firmware, but it didnt work. It just gets stuck on the loading screen. Plz halp I just got it yesterday T_T

10. denzilk

denzilk Member

Its not the firmware related. It is because the MicroSD card does not sit properly in the cartirage. It is known problem for both R4 and M3. I sent mine back and got a new one from the vendor. Now it is working fine.

11. sirksam

sirksam Regular member

Me and my mate went to a shop today and bought an R4, I live in China by the way, the MicroSD card was working fine, but until tonight, it stopped working by saying "Loading..." and everytime we try put it in the computer with the Multi Flash USB Reader it just keeps on blinking green all the time and never lets us access the memory, my mate is really pissed right now because we've had to go back to the same store 3 times in one day to get the right things because the stupid shopkeeper kept giving us the wrong stuff, this is why buying stuff like this in China is a real pain in the arse, anyway, I'm guessing it's the memory stick itself, but like I said, if I tell him to go back to the store again, he's not going to want to, he's quite impatient which is the problem and I can't sleep until this is solved.