1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GoVideo DVD recorders and DVD players

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by ArnoldZ, Dec 16, 2006.

1. ArnoldZ

ArnoldZ Member

Is the manufacturer od GoVideo still in business? I am having problems with my GoVideo DVD recorder/VCR combo and there website doesn't even respond anymore. The DVD recorder/player cannot recognize any disc (blank or pre-recorded. The message is: Invalid disc please chaeck again. I know the discs are good because I can use orplay them on other DVD recorder/player.
    Anybody here in AfterDawn have any suggestion how to make my GoVideo unit operational again?

2. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I do not know...I recently swapped out my SONY combo DVD/VCR player for a single player. I think SONY uses old out date parts to make the combo set ups then packages them attractively into one unit. The DVD player was definitely an outdated drive similar to an optical drive found on the average desk top PC and The VCR component is no doubt a few years old. The DVD player pixelated and froze many of my back up DVD disc which was totally unusual. I upgraded to a single tray SONY player DVP-NS71HP which plays beautifully and has the 720P/1080i HD upscale feature and it came with the HD cable. I currently don't own an HD TV but still enjoy a feature that automaticly enhances the aspec ratio on my 27" inch SONY TV when playing widescreen films.:p

3. ArnoldZ

ArnoldZ Member

Thanks for the info. I think I agree with you. It is better to go with a single function unit, like a stand alone DVD recorder because it looks like no manufacturer will combine both good quality DVD and VCR in one unit. One or both has to suffer in quality, and when one fails one will have either a high priced VCR or a high priced DVD.unit.

4. RecordMan

RecordMan Member

ArnoldZ, on 12/16/06, you wrote:

Is the manufacturer of GoVideo still in business? I am having problems with my GoVideo DVD recorder/VCR combo and there website doesn't even respond anymore. The DVD recorder/player cannot recognize any disc (blank or pre-recorded. The message is: Invalid disc please chaeck again. I know the discs are good because I can use orplay them on other DVD recorder/player.
    Anybody here in AfterDawn have any suggestion how to make my GoVideo unit operational again?

I might suggest you contact the following party:

budgetbooster@sbcglobal.net
    (No, it isn't me - I am clueless about A/V repairs). My 3840 unit did the same thing and was repaired for a reasonable fee, and still plays all my original discs, even the unfinalized ones. Goodluck. -Ted

5. Shardel

Shardel Guest

The Hastings store in my area still sells GoVideo. If I don't forget
    I will ask the manager if he has a contact email address or phone
    number for them.

6. Shardel

Shardel Guest

The manager of my local Hastings store gave me this info.
    Go Video Phone: 1-800-7367679
    7835 E. McClain Drive
    Scottsdale, Az. 85260
    Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
  7. ArnoldZ

ArnoldZ Member

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. Specially to Shardel and Recordman.

I'll try to get in touch with the contacts you two have provided.

8. ArnoldZ

ArnoldZ Member

Hi,
    I called the 800 number you provided but I only got a recorded message saying that it is no longer in service.

9. dovehill

dovehill Member

I just visited Govideo.com yesterday and it appears to be up and running now. I was looking for model VR1940 firmware and they did not have any listed at their website.

Many Thanks for the pep talk RecordMan. I am the budgetbooster@sbcglobal.net. I repair the Govideo DVD/VCR's like the RecordMan said, but have had very little luck on the 3930/4940 machines. Check me out at EBay under the seller id crhudman.

10. ArnoldZ

ArnoldZ Member

The govideo site has always been up, except that when I email their tech support using the address that appeared on the site, I got a delivery error like the one shown below:

=========================================================
    Your message

Subject: About my VR5940...

was not delivered to:

customerservice@govideo.com

because:

User customerservice (customerservice@govideo.com) not listed in Domino Directory

Final-Recipient: rfc822;customerservice@govideo.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: X-Notes; User customerservice (customerservice@govideo
    .com) not listed in Domino Directory