1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU heating problem plz help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Mazke, May 3, 2011.

1. Mazke

Mazke Member

so, here comes my story: i have played MW2 for a long time, then when i started it again, there was issue, i play around 5-30 min (seems to be random) and then black screen pops out and i hear endless sound from my speakers. there reads on the screen: ''monitor going to sleep''. same thing as u let ur computer be idle for a moment then the monitor sleeps that it saves energy blah blah... anyways then i downloaded program named speedfan, cuz one guy on the internet said it can be that ur fans are not circling around fast as it should be. hmm, i cant/ i dunno how to change that, but then i found one thing from the speed fan:

GPU temp: 75C
    i was like wtf? sry for bad lang but really 75C it is quite lot... so if sumbody could help me i would really appreciate that. please help me!

2. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

my 8600GT also runs around 70C when loaded. Idles around 56C.

My other rig has an EVGA Geforce GTS 450, which idles around 32C, and goes up to around 58C on load... I figured its just the card. I've got this newer rig put away at the moment, and am using the one first mentioned. Although running hot, never had any display problems.

What are the specs of the PC and gpu card.